50% discount on Strom, SDS Drop - edit: gone

Done as well as the RYTM add-on in STROM

1 Like

Same here.
@void you totally deserves a couple of pints, here they are buddy !! :beers:

4 Likes

aargh, that sounds like a nightmare! Sorry to hear such a misfortune has happened to you…

Almost enabled 2FA on my iCloud today, but thought about postponing it… now I will never do it, thanks for the warning.

2 Likes

aye sorry to hear about the locked account :open_mouth:
I can understand the strict security, but there should be a contingency plan so that you get your purchases back or can have them transferred to a new account…

and thanks for supporting me through these apps :slight_smile:
this goes to everyone… you’re helping me pay January’s rent :smiley:

3 Likes

Happy New Year!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s from a very old MobileMe account convert to iCloud then… and it was another security process called 2 Step validation process with an emergency kit code. Now they change it in 2FA + Digital fingerprint so it’s better and easier to recover (at least it’s what they claim…) The important FACT is to always keep at least one trusted device where you have access to anything before to change a password. Never delete every device at the same time after a password change :wink: like a moment where you want to make a clean installation that’s exactly where things can be tricky … otherwise it should be safe with the 2FA

And yes pure Nightmare, I don’t recovered from it, 1 year later …

2 Likes

Looking forward to the Digitakt version. What’s it going to be called?

1 Like

I didn’t ask if you plan (if possible) to make Storm and SDS Drop compatible with AR & A4 MK2… Completely forget to ask before to buy as I upgraded to mark2, Damn my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah both apps should be compatible as the sysex format between mk1/2 should be the same. I haven’t seen the MK2 OS yet, may need to update some things when that drops :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s going to be called SRC.

For now, it will have basic but fast sample dumps to the DT as its only feature - the DT OS doesn’t allow for more, currently.

3 Likes

Cool! I feel like buying Strom again because it takes the AR to such a higher dimension and it was so cheap in the first place.

Actually, since I don’t plan to upgrade to MKII, my great fear is that Strom for MKI one day doesn’t follow my iPad OS upgrades, because that would reduce the AR functionality so much, making the machine far less interesting (for the use I make of it, at least).

Also, if you ever you plan to update Strom for MKI, and if it doesn’t take too much effort, would you consider introducing a relative/absolute toggle for the CTRL-all function? (‘Absolute’ meaning when I turn a knob on the AR while pressing Function, the values on the other tracks directly jump to the value of the tweaked track). I have tried hard to find a work around for that, but was unsuccessful. I think it would cover yet another neat hole in the machine’s functionality (e.g. it would make it easier to create filter cuts on all the tracks without sacrificing a Scene/Performance macro, or to quickly create frequency groups on the selected tracks)

Man I’ve been waiting patiently for months for you to fix the USB connection issue with Strom and my RYTM. You said it would take 6 weeks. It’s been way way longer than that. I purchased this for $25 (full price) awhile back.
ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS?
In case you forgot, STROM becomes unusable after a minute or so when connected to the RYTM.
If you aren’t going to fix this, will you give me a refund??
I’ve sent you several messages and you haven’t responded but now I see you soliciting for more buyers of these apps. Please demonstrate that you care about your current customers and are actively fixing bugs you are aware of.

Too bad (not really :wink: ) i’m not Mac user. Otherwise I would love to help you paying January’s rent.

2 Likes

hey. I’m sorry you’re having a bad experience and thanks for the friendly reminder to fix that bug :wink: .

The last few months have been a bit crazy here & I didn’t get to work on personal projects at all… but I do have time for this now.

Gotta do some administrative things today related to the new App, but fixing this is the next thing on the agenda.

A few months back I wouldn’t know how to approach working out a fix tbh - it’s near impossible to do proper debugging of an iOS app while the iOS device is not connected to a Mac running Xcode, which it can’t be if it’s connected to a midi device. The good news is, Xcode now has wireless debugging so it should be straightforward :+1:

4 Likes

Confused about the other dude’s posting… So Strom works OK via USB direct or it doesn’t? If it does I’ll finally pick it up on this sale.

Is the SDS sale no longer in play in US App store? Still seeing $19.99
Have had the app store open for a good 30 minutes and no change/reduction in price.
Did I happen to miss that window? (already a full STROM owner).

cheers.
benny blanco®

AR MK2, according to the manual will use the Elektron transfer utility. Here’s hoping SRC will also work with AR.

Nope, SDS Drop is still $19,99. Not buying it! This is some shameless click bait marketing.

Milk it while you can mate, until Elektron finally decide to give us what they should have given us years ago.

lol.

the discount lasted until the end of the 28th so you simply missed it genius.

2 Likes

that was an abrupt end of the sale…missed it also.

the line: “should become available in the next few days” probably confused couple of us.

oh well…