Files support and errors in audio pool

hi guys, I am trying to understand the octa (mk1) , that I just bought,
I have a few issues and I am worried about that… I will try to explian accurate, cos english is not my main language,
I want to play in the octa a couple of songs (in .wav) that I have (recorded in adobe audition), I put them in the audio pool, and says error. Then I read about file compatibility (16,24 bits), this files are in 2822 kbps (32) so I would have to reduce the quality? that is bad for live gigs I think, I also save it in 16 bits and still appears error, in the audio pool of the octa when I try to assign it to the static machine of a track… perhaps im not understanding well the instrument, and a more experience usaer can explain me one of the situations.

Yes, sounds like incorrect sample rate. Bit Rate should be 16 or 24

Best to try recreating the samples?

1 Like

nop, they are complete songs, months of work, and since I`ll use the octatrack to create new ones, I have to be able to reproduce these old ones too,

Best that the Octatrack can do is 24 bit 44.1. It’s plenty good for live use for many people. You should probably render at that in Audition, I think.

2 Likes

This sounds like you try to put some MP3 files on the Octatrack (or another compressed file format).

The Octatrack requires files of type WAV or AIFF with 16 or 24 bit and 44,1kHz.

2 Likes

yes I just realise that all the audio converters work on 24 bits, so the 32 floating in which the adobe records is really a 24 bits recording with more headroom, so its ok, don`t lose

1 Like

nop, wav 32 bits, from the audition, but I think I understood, like I replied to Tanburi