Feed the OT - best ANDROID apps

I get a bit jealous reading through the Ipad-thread on here, so thought I’d start one about Android. I have an Android tablet sitting on my desk feeding into the CD of the Octa. So far, I’ve only used these two apps with it, they’re both pretty good (especially ANS);

Virtual ANS;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nightradio.virtualans

Caustic 3;

Anyone got any good suggestions? :slight_smile: I’ve also used Nanoloop, which is a pretty cool “portable octatrack”, with limitations, of course.

Is the soundcard in a tablet/phone good enough to use ?
Would just seem like a toy to me I think.
I do love Tarkosvsky’s films though !

Daisuk is asking for apps that generate sounds the OT can sample. Android’s audio latency doesn’t really matter for that. FWIW, depending on the device, it could have a really good DAC on the headphone out or a terrible one. The Galaxy Note 2 I used to have had a Wolfson (nice) DAC, the Note 1 before that was some crummy Yamaha.

Daisuk, you can also look into:
RD4 (acid groove box)
Reactable Mobile
Sunvox
SPC (MPCish)
G-Stomper (getting a synth iirc)

There are more on the Play Store, but those are the ones I’ve used or demo’d. Been awhile since I’ve used them, though.

Daisuk is asking for apps that generate sounds the OT can sample. Android’s audio latency doesn’t really matter for that. FWIW, depending on the device, it could have a really good DAC on the headphone out or a terrible one. The Galaxy Note 2 I used to have had a Wolfson (nice) DAC, the Note 1 before that was some crummy Yamaha.

Daisuk, you can also look into:
RD4 (acid groove box)
Reactable Mobile
Sunvox
SPC (MPCish)
G-Stomper (getting a synth iirc)

There are more on the Play Store, but those are the ones I’ve used or demo’d. Been awhile since I’ve used them, though.[/quote]
Nice, thanks for the tips! :slight_smile:
My tablet has a really crappy DAC/audio out thingie, actually, but it’s still possible to sample stuff from it into the OT and get some interesting results from it. :slight_smile:

Np. I don’t worry too much on DACs when I’m sampling, tbh. I’ll even plug my MacBook Air right into my OP-1 and record away. I figure I’m going to be processing the sound a lot anyway, and since I love lofi, even bad character is good character :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll second Caustic.
When using OpenSL AS audio driver, I get a pretty noise free sound (in a cheap Asus Pad).

Next step is to export loops / stems (full Version only) and import them into the OT. Will report in the results.

for fellow android users, checkout the audio evolution mobile app…

probably the best “daw” on android, and can work with midi and usb class compliant audio devices…

Been mucking about feeding my digitakt sounds from a little program called Komische running on my phone

One day i might even pay for it…

4 Likes

As an Andorian, do you feel like you are being racially profiled with those Revlon Cover-Up ads? Blue is beautiful! Just ignore those pink-skins :smiley:

Pinkskins selling insecurity to other pinkskins? Not too fussed about it…

Confused. What does “pink-skins” refer to?

Start Trek: “Pink skin was an Andorian slang term for Humans”

1 Like

Im resurrecting this thread :slight_smile: Someone gave me an android tablet lately, so im wondering what are your favorite audio/midi app ? Im in particular looking for (midi) step sequencer, drum machines, synthesizer ,… So far I have been enjoying caustic 3 quite a lot !

I think fractal bits is android. Love it for sounds.

2 Likes

It’s for both. But good to know. I forgot this app existed! Now it’s time to sampleeeeeee :musical_note:

1 Like