I’m In love with the coco

The comment came from a place of compassion, definitely not trying to throw shade - sorry if it came across that way.

I’m more concerned for the totality of you as a human being than I am about your music.
Health is far more important than how your music’s going. I know those things may feel very linked to you but that’s just a thought/feeling and you have more of a choice in your attitude to that sort of thing than you may realise.

If it’s getting you down at the moment shift your focus to hanging out with dogs, getting a good amount of food, sleep and exercise (things I neglected for a looooong time to my own detriment), spending time with good people etc.

Maybe trying doing some dog walking? Hanging out with dogs :white_check_mark: getting exercise :white_check_mark: being physically tired and getting better sleep :white_check_mark: earning money so that fixing gear is more affordable :white_check_mark:

Hope you make it through and again, best of luck out there.

13 Likes

are you on Muffwiggler?
Their marketplace is very active and I’d say it’s only 50% modular items. Lots of gear there and I’ve had good success as a seller and buyer.

2 Likes

I would also suggest Muff. One thing to keep in mind is that if selling a broken gear, people tend to expect to buy for peanuts. It’s partially because the buyer expects the worst. Maybe its just broken fuse but maybe you have to make a diagnosis and find the right parts (that can be out of production), redesign the damaged area on circuit board and still have it not perfectly working at the end of the day. A guy just sold Moog Voyager rack in this forum with broken filter section for 300GBP. These easilly go over 1500GBP if working. Long story short: You are usually much better repearing the things before selling them.

4 Likes

Been making music a good long time through bouts of homelessness, addiction, meds, etc and my opinion it probably ISN’T the gear.
I have seen some of my friends on the suboxone Tx and it looked pretty rough, and have personal experience with all the various states of mind with psychotropics, the biggest things I suggest:
Don’t make permanent decisions based on temporary conditions. Everything passes.
We tend to judge a situation emotionally.
There may be long stretches where you don’t feel creative, inspired, etc., or even feel nothing at all for things that used to get your juices flowing. But if you ride it out, and get your neurotransmitters back in line, it comes back just as strong.
We usually want to change external conditions to remedy an internal discomfort. Start with the very basics each day, increase your awareness of your inner thought life.
Addiction destroys everything really worthwhile in life, which is hope. If one is a musician, often they have to detach awhile, in fact, detach from many obsessions and logic errors which is at the root. Usually it is based on fear, you might be afraid of losing something, so it can be self-fulfilling. Or we try to regain a sense of control and toss everything in the fire.
The point is, to be willing to be responsible to your very core about yourself. No person, object or situation can take away your freedom to choose your own peace of mind.
So it starts from within, and all else follows. More often than not, either with said possessions, or relationship, or without, we are still left with ourselves and how we are to decide on whether to struggle, or be free.
Whether you are an actual addict or not is not really the point- these are common pitfalls of the human mind, that most people are able to live with and it is not life or death. If it is life or death, it is crucial you learn how your own mind works and have mastery of it, rather than vice-versa.

What you are doing right is airing out what’s going on in your head and opening yourself up to feedback.

10 Likes

Every day has felt like little triumphs in regard to my inner thought-life (as you put it ) , taking emotional shifts and comparing them against stImulus
And attempting to see where unfavorable states originate, and to start combatting them so they don’t come in the way or my day to day Productivity as much . I am going deeper and deeper each day , and feeling less and less like dour states are necessary , or caused by external things . A lot of it is coming from within , yes … I am seeing that now. I can also see that this is going to feel a lot difeerebt than I thought it would

2 Likes

Wishing you all the best, keep a positive outcome in mind, and I’m sure you will arrive there. I found buddhism and meditation a great help in the darkest times … I myself have been through a rough time recently, though not half as stressful as yours.
My machines were mostly sold off, but I did find solace with my digitone, which I bought a battery for, making it portable, because I have not had a steady home for a while and this was a revelation to me, seeing as it is small enough to pop into a bag with a pair of headphones and go. This might help break the cycle ?
Tone

1 Like

Battery ??? How ??

I’ve been working w tone despite issues w it

Having read that thread, I bougtt a battery pack on aliexpress about 25 dollars.
I think the same ones work for digitone.

Good luck with everything, you sound like a smart guy who will figure it out.

Ha, it was me that bought it! But yeah, totally get your point - it is a gamble though Davyp seems a genuine guy so a “safe” gamble.

2 Likes

Lucky lad. Keep us posted on the repair.

1 Like

I got this one …
http://amzn.eu/d/5OWuWxc
It lasts ages as well

Buy a guitar.

3 Likes

Whoa … I always forget about how Magical DC is… that is so cool thank you !!!

As far as the Monomachine repair: I haven’t even fully looked over the ideas yet because I needed to tune out … will keep y’all in the loop

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve brought loads of him before. He’s a great guy to deal with

1 Like

Reverb.com is a great marketplace, too!

Sorry to hear it’s been a rough bit for you, at least glad to see staying engaged here might be helping you get to a better place faster.

Just out of curiosity though, what gear did you have before that you were more productive with? I’m not deep into the Electron world but all the people I know who are are some of the most productive people I know, but I think it just fits their music and performance style.

Only a chime in, pay no mind or do if it suits. I don’t know your full story.

But I think your issue is not with elektron gear or any music gear for that matter…

Take some time to make your head better. And I genuinely hope you do.