Elektronauts 2.0

Agreed

Right, Spider : it does look good on a phone and this is pretty cool !

:heart_eyes:

Indeed, something to keep in mind.

Mobile version have a many very “hot” bugs.
But new design me liked. Thnx!

Just reporting

[quote=“dubathonic, post:1, topic:19212, full:true”]
is coming next week, according to the newsletter:

“next week we’ll roll out a completely new Elektronauts for you all to indulge in. Everything is new, from the technical framework to the visual design. The result is a considerably improved forum experience”
[/quote]

:pager::vhs::video_game::wavy_dash:

I see a lot of happy folks expressing gratitude and liberally using small imperceptible images too ; )

However, whilst I agree it’s a step up, albeit a bit of a white fest, I’m mourning the now dead links if you search via google - that’s a big loss for bookmarks and previous forum links which are now useless - this renders a lot of good info wasted

Surely this could have been managed in such a way that the old links were found on the new platform

An example … LFO Speed/Sync

For a while, searching within the new platform will now be hit and miss if you get the link to an answer rather than the source

Another gripe I have is that I can’t use a link to a sub-page as a Google app (pinned to shelf) as you could before - it always bounces you back to the news page … i.e. using the new https://www.elektronauts.com/latest as a preferred target

anyway - looks like mostly positives

:3lektron::elmd::elmm::elot::elan::computer::musical_keyboard::sunglasses:

Thanks for all the improvements. :+1:

Hopefully those spammers are banned for the future too :wink:

I agree with avantronica … it’s a bit whitish, isn’t it?

Some of the fonts on the “Forum” start page are not optimal displayed in my Firefox (“Recent Forum Activity” bullets). They look blocky and too thick. Can I do something, to get a better readability? Load a font?

Weird, I use https://www.elektronauts.com/new as a bookmark and it does work well.

I also noticed that the onboard search engine is now more pertinent, thus making Google search not that useful anymore.

Thanks for pointing this out, it has been sorted out now!

A bookmark is just fine, works okay here too. However, on Chromebook, you can pin a link to the shelf to act ‘like’ an App - it becomes a lot faster to locate textually or visually when linked that way … for the old site (mostly) and any other site, you can usually make that link to the sub-page and all’s well, however, on the new site the link always bounces me to the useless news page - I get the feeling this is managed and it’s just a few to many clicks now to get where you want
a small issue multiplied by many visits = larger issue
this may be a workflow dent for a handful of peeps, but i’d love to know if there’s a valid reason for the behaviour (it seems to be fine still on other sites, so looks like a new Elektronauts 2.0 thing) - it did happen a bit before on 1.0 which makes me believe that we are being guided there - although coming via a regular bookmark seems to play ball … something’s not quite right somewhere, but where ?
EDIT : It’s resolved at my end, for the benefit of a few potential chrome/book owners … it’s insufficient to create an app the easy way, this works for other sites, but it does bounce Elektronauts back to the root … to create an app link to a specific sub page you need to manually create a custom app using a manifest.json file and a PNG icon - Google it

I’ve already noticed that only one day with the new forum has changed my perception of Elektron as a company. Even though I know many of you personally, the forum has long felt like a heavy-to-open door to a sort of introvert company.

The new forum breathes. It feels open, and uplifting. It’s made to open up for communication and social connections. It’s made to be involved in, rather than a mushy one-stop place.

I will spend much, much more time here because of this. good stuff everyone involved. Jon, is probably the boss of this, no? Great stuff! I’m on a horse :racehorse:

3 Likes

cuckoo, as an introvert myself i love the ‘scandinavian’ introvert aspect elektron has to it. but i love the new forum, too. you said it well: it breahtes and emits openness. so to me, these are not mutually exclusive – the forum’s now a bead curtain to an introvert company. :content:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with you there. And, believe it or not, I count myself as a big introvert too. In many ways, I think to be a nerd one has to be at least a big part introvert. I think the new forum is a great place for introverts to hook up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes i tried with underscore between but not succeed that way, i’m glad you fix your case ! i will try again this morning to see if i receive something… with forget password action reset

Now it worked :frowning: shit congratulation impatient boy you won two account now (my bad)

Looks good on Firefox too now … thanks :+1:

I like it! It feels lighter, more air to it, good job!

I just thinking with that design, a NIGHT Mode to swith Elektronauts 2.0 in Day mode / Night mode will be a request for night people… anyway very nice enhancement on every points

1 Like

I’d like a theme toggle, not a fan of the all white look, hurts my eyes, I’m old.

Can we have a black theme please?

Here’s NeoGAF for example, user can toggle between between black and white as suits.

1 Like