Elektron woes

Well right now it’s collecting dust until OB lands haha. If I don’t sell it first.

Have you tried using two channels on your mixer with that insert cable? Hard panning each channel respectively, or would that take up too many channels?

It would take up too many channels, but I did try this. Still have phasing when panning across center, or when auditioning sounds in the sound pool, browser or manager (where everything is center by default).

Would a cable like this one work? You’d only need an additional 1/8 to 1/4 inch stereo adapter for the end that goes into the A4. This might be a cheap workaround while you’re waiting.

This one looks even nicer if you don’t mind spending the extra money.

Here’s another option too if you already have a nice TRS cable.

it wouldn’t, because the primary issue is the phase cancellation is happening in the cable before it reaches my mixer.

Edit: anyhow I’ve long given up on trying to make the direct outs work. And I’ve now given up on Overbridge ever launching too.

ah, strange

Wouldnt just using one side, either left or right into a mono chnnel on mixer work?

Wow

That’s quite investigative moddering

what do you mean ?

I’ve got a possible idea- instead of trying to monitor all of your sounds through the mixer > speaker, perhaps you could route your mixer into the A4 and monitor sounds through the mains/headphones?

Edit: I just realized how this is dumb and defeats the purpose of sep outs

it works if I hard pan on the tracks or plocks, but doesn’t if I want to audition sounds as they are panned center in the sound pool, browser and manager.

How you managed to dig into ops history and discovered that its a cross post plus mis handling his gear

I m impressed

not even sarcastic

On android

They were present in the other thread.

I must admit I’m still curious about what happens if using this cable in this situation…

1 Like

ahh…so only option is to use stereo outs into either 2 mono panned mixer channels or a stereo input on desk…

Maybe elektron could allow mono outs…i just assumed they were… But 4 stereo outs sound better tbh as long as you can route them into mixer.

Have you tried a simple unbalanced TS cable with the voices panned to the left (for amplitude) ?

This is how I run my AK, without issue, into my Qu-Pac. Gives me 4 mono voice outputs.

11 PM

6 Likes

In hindsight, that feels obvious…

I don’t know why that solution didn’t jump out prior

He’s got only xlr inputs on his mixer which is why I was wondering about the type I posted above…
A TS to XLR… -Elektron woes