Elektron at NAMM 2018

Id like to see a digitakt mk2 with at least a second set of assignable outputs…id like time stretching and slicing…if thats even possible. Main thing is better connection options. More memory.

Id like elektron to bare in mind some of us spend alongtime saving for their gear and put alot of faith in them to produce the max for our hard earned wages. Id love a OT and RYTM but am excited to get my digi…it will be my setups heart so i want it fully loaded and complete as it will be alongtime before im able to get another of their box’s :blush:

3 Likes

A digital synth in the DT form factor would make the most sense IMO.

However, I will settle for overbridge 2.0 with sample backups/transfers from the rytm and full support for programming the sequencer from the DAW. And that new synth machine for the 1-4 voiceslots of rytm pls.

1 Like

Very digital. If it’s a new Monomachine it would be digital again. There already is an analog version: the A4.

4 Likes

MonomachinedrumUW - a combo of two classic machines.

8 Likes

Ik would be funny if they made a box containing all the machines of the MD and the MM and the called it “Machine”. :wink:

1 Like

I LOL’d at that. :smile:

I want them to rename Analog Rytm to Ahhhnalogu Rrreeeeeeeeeeyahtummm so that it confuses the video guys who over exaggerate the pronunciation :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s certainly going to be difficult to put on a sticker

1 Like

True, but think of the fun that could be had trying to out-pronouce eachother, it could get competitive, maybe even made into a Science Lab :joy:

1 Like

Overpronouncing Swedish is the new bald-but-bearded. :wink:

1 Like

yep that is called an octatrack !

6 Likes

#ElektronTBA

1 Like

Here you go, a crash course in Swedish to get that Rytm pronounciation juueest riieeeghht.

3 Likes

yeah but imagine if the filter and overdrive were analog

I would love to see a mixer unit pretty please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it would be cool to see a new Digitakt form factor monomachine but with one unified crazy synth engine but with swappable oscillator and filter modules.
Something like the Mutable Braids, where you’ve got all sorts of funky different oscillator types, then you’ve got crazy digital filters (like SID and Wasp emulations). It would be a nice way of keeping things simple yet giving you all sorts of crazy timbres.

They could do actual analog filters too, that would be a blast. Especially if it could do filter FM.

I would also love to see some kind of FM synthesis beast, for Autechre in a box.

2 Likes

Well thats also exactly my dream machine.
Btw. The Nord Lead A1 is a bit like that: You have different OSC configurations (FM, Single, Dual, Wavetable, etc.) and you can select different filter types (303, moog, etc.). You also have 4 parts/“tracks” with each 6 voices polyphony.
It’s just missing the sequencer, but you could use an external like the digitakt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold my breath… nord leader said “no more modulars”.

2 Likes

Are they even on the list for a booth?