Easiest way to copy a pattern from one project to another?

Surely there’s an easier way than saving each individual sound, copying the pattern, then pasting into the new project…

3 Likes

Well yeah, kind of.
You could copy a kit from one project to another using sysex or you can:

In the LOAD KIT menu, highlight a kit, hit function+rec.
load other project, goto LOAD KIT men, hit function+stop.

This was suggested by Void in this thread: Copy kits in between projects

However if your kit sounds uses samples you need to make sure you have those in the project memory slots in the new project.
A kind of good thread discussing this problem is this one: Moving Kits - Project Management

At the end of the day a project in the AR is quite isolated from other projects and moving sounds, kits and samples between projects is kind of complicated to do. This is especially true when it comes to how sounds and kits are using samples.

The upside of this compexity is that you get to learn how sounds, kits, projects, patterns relate to each other and how they relate to sample slots (the project sample RAM) etc. :smiley:

2 Likes

I tried the following and it worked.
I used to have different projects per songs and wanted to create a live set so I created a new project to gather all the songs.
I had all the kits copied in my live set project and loaded them into a different bank A1, A2, A3 and so forth. Then i went to the project with their corresponding pattern and copied the pattern of the kit by using FUNCTION/COPY, went again to the live act project and pasted the pattern that belonged to the kit (FUNCTION/PASTE). The kit automatically changed but the pattern remained so i went to FUNCTION/KIT (in the live set project) and loaded the kit on top of the pattern that was pasted before and it worked.
Hopefully this work for you too and apologies for my english.

4 Likes

This seems to be a decent way to work around the file structure, thank you! Samples have to be same across projects but luckily mine are to this point. Going to need to be selective with samples and try and work within a single project as much as possible to make transitioning to live shows easier… I’m just now at the point where I feel like I can use the AR to enhance my live performances.

1 Like

I’m here 6 years later wondering what is the best way to gather project patterns into one mega project to perform live with. Is this still the best way to do it? And I’m kind of confused by the wording here, do you mean you had copy BOTH the pattern and the kit from one project to another? Wouldn’t just copying the pattern bring the kit with it, no?

Edit: no I’m wrong, just copying the pattern doesnt bring the kit with it! God, this is going to be time consuming if there isn’t a better way!!