Dual VCO / DVCO

Did you get a Rytm again? I thought you were trying to get by with the OT - what changed your mind?

Ok thanks , reported to Elektron.

2 Likes

The Dual VCO machine! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh sheesh! Apologies, must me my bad eyesight… maybe it was 35?

What’s worse, seems I lost that pattern along with some others. I musta loaded another project without saving… •facepalm• Now I need to recreate it myself as well…

Congrats on getting a new rytm btw! Did you go for mk I or mk II?

fwiw - although I’m not sure where I read it (official insight), but iirc the DVCO oscillators(or one) don’t exhibit stable usable pitch over the full range - I don’t think it was just this comment about tracking which is more implied

Just a sound demo of the DVCO. No sample. Yet too much filter resonance.

For a more refined sound demo of the DVCO, check Thavius Beck EP: Small EP made on Analog RYTM mk2 after the DVCO update

1 Like

Wasn’t there a note in the manual that certain configurations wouldn’t track properly?

Yep , In the release note they talk about Ring Mod and Fm not tracking at full range but nothing about the default config.

3 Likes

Got an answer from Elektron.
This looks like a hardware limitation so the dual vco will not track well in the upper range in any mode.
Its still possible to use parameter locks to get the last notes in tune though.

2 Likes

Yall do this by ear or do you have a tuner on it?

I need to train my ear…

IIRC, OSC 2 is 2 whole semitones off at the top , so relatively easy to do by ear.

3 Likes

Are there presets for the Dual VCO machine??

@a.behr – So is the keyboard/arpeggiator is splitting notes across channels?

I’m trying to understand how you have this set up. Please advise. :slight_smile:

(Edit: nevermind --found it)

Ah, I found the link to the Max-for-Live device explanation in the video notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT4eJu29BO8&t=232s

Couldn’t you do this my playing the arp on a single voice chromatically with a single MIDI channel?

Let’s try to keep things on-topic :thup:

2 Likes

MKII, because new screen and buttons.

Thought I wouldn’t like the larger size as much, but it has actually grown on me and still fits in my flight case with OT MKII.
Other things I like: sensitivity of new pads, and Saving project doesn’t stop the sequencer.

5 Likes

How much better are they?

?
43% better?

5 Likes

Ha. I mean if 43% works for you, that’s cool. Or an adverbial qualifier: significantly, somewhat, not-worth-the-cost better…

“Noticeably”, At least for me.

Keep in mind I do not finger drum. Only mutes, Scenes, Perfs, track select.

4 Likes