DT bug reports - OS 1.02

So much of my reasoning to buy was the midi sequencing and OB functionality, so of course it is frustrating not to have that ability integrated right away. I used it in standalone following along with tutorials and it was fine, so much fun and 0 freezes. I won’t hyperventilate about it but I do hope the fixes to make it 100% come soon, this being my first Elektron device (I know I’m not the only one) I really want it to deliver.

3 Likes

hmm, i need to test this.

in all of my previous experiments with using midi, i was both using channel 1 and slaving the DT.

clock, or CCs from an LFO

1 Like

Hey guys, new Digitakt user here, received it two days ago with 1,02 firmware already installed so it was straight off the new batch. Spent all day with it yesterday learning, all went without glitches, no problems at all until i made a crazy patch that included usb transferred samples. Total freeze, playing the loop still but unresponsive to start stop or any button press or dial turn. Had to restart from the button. It kind of seemed to stop after I disconnected the usb cable, but not sure if that was the problem. Also, when live sampling sometimes the audio drops out or gets recorded with digital clicks and pops. Amazing machine otherwise, hope for an update soon. Have not started a support ticket yet

Hi Andrei - welcome to the Forum. Yes, the Digitakt is still unstable at the moment, especially when MIDI gets involved (although it seems much more stable when the Digitakt is a master not a slave). As a longtime Elektron owner, I can tell you that they are working on another OS update to fix these bugs. I hope it comes out very soon! Everyone here is very friendly so I’m sure your experience here will be a good one.

1 Like

Best machine i got in a while, glad to be joining the family, thank you

1 Like

I have a very odd midi issue. After giving up trying to get my fa 06 midi slaved I tried with the jd xi instead, it sort of worked but after a while all the audio tracks started playing up and I ended up with all 16 tracks playing the roland sound. I gave up and moved on but more worryingly when I went through the jd looking for something to sample I discovered a pattern that had the automation of fx removed, this should be impossible without recording over and resaving the patch which I am 100% sure didnt happen, pretty pissed as it wasnt something that I can replicate. So not only does midi seem to be out of the question for my gear but trying to use it corrupts the work I have allready done.

After an initially smooth (ish) run I’ve now had freezes on both midi sequencing and sample trim. The midi hang up came as soon as multiple CCs were involved (master --> Minilogue), and just now I had a freeze after trimming a 32-second long sample.

Do I even bother submitting a ticket given these are both known issues? Like, for the sake of documenting it in case there are further issues that aren’t fixed with firmware?

All that said, still absolutely loving this box.

definitely submit them, the more submissions the more incentive elektron has to release an update.

2 Likes

@Ess: any chance of a statement regarding ETA of 1.03? Would be well appreciated.

7 Likes

I find just turning the input record level off when not using it gets rid of the crackles. I’m only connected to the RYTM with midi. Problem solved for now. No crashes so far with extensive use.

I had a scary one today. I got an error message when loading samples to a new project and the machine froze. I turned it off to try to restart it and the machine wouldn’t turn back on. It was totally bricked. I tried turning it off and on several times and no response. Finally after 4-5 times flipping it on and off it restarted and reverted to a previous saved state (a different project). I lost all of the work I had done to select samples, which was a pain but at least the machine isn’t dead.

I’ve had this one numerous times. Not good. It seems to happen with certain samples and when I try to delete them from the +drive I get the same freeze. If I rename and reload them it works.

I was gonna say exactly same thing.
This is worrisome. I’m in Florida and I like my backyard windows open in the afternoon.

Now 1.03 has been released this thread should not really see any more meaningful activity, substantial changes and critical fixes have been implemented, so upgrading is recommended

1.03 issues & bugs discussed here …

5 Likes

avantronica - I see your post above, but thought this entry was warranted (I also posted on the os1.03 topic)…

I don’t recall if this was reported…

I got the “exception” freeze (I am on os v 1.02) when loading samples into my project.

The freeze occurred when choosing the “select all” option to select all the files in a folder followed by the “load into project” command.

After rebooting the DT, I then manually selected all the files in the folder and loaded them into the project without problems.

Either the “select all”/load creates problems or…

After I had used Transfer to move sample folders into the DT, I went back and noticed that there was a “.DS_store” item in the sample folder. I don’t know what the Transfer program does with that, but perhaps it gets sent along with all the samples, doesn’t appear on the transferred files list, and creates some problem when the load to project is invoked.

I will be double checking my folders from now on the make sure that item is not present…

Very interesting.
But as OS 1.0.2 is not maintained nor offers features 1.0.3 doesn’t, why not upgrade, test again, and report to official support?
It feels like you spotted something relevant !

I have this same problem :confused:

Which OS are you currently using ?

Hey have the Samen problem still in is 1.04 have you found a sulution ?? Thanks