DT bug reports - OS 1.01

Nope, when you turn the unit on its sort fo the first button you press after the play button.

And it didnt work from the get go.

Yeah I;d like a new unit as well. I emailed bax allready, will email elektron as well.

yeah me to, though im pretty damn sure they sent all their units to the other preorder guys, could be a long wait so might as well move on haha.

I think its simple not tested/assembled correctly, the box and everything was in mint condition.

To bad other people are having the same problems.

oh oh… happened again - now the unit does not start at all…

UPDATE: 4-5 restarts later and the unit booted. I am getting those restarts all too often though so hope it is a bug that will be fixed in a new OS version soon!

1 Like

I don’t seem to be getting much luck with the MIDI. I can’t seem to hardly get any notes out the digitakt at all.

Following freeze problems with USB mode, I am trying the DIN MIDI outs with USB disconnected. MIDI Clock out is working fine, but no notes or CCS are coming through at all.

Having struggled through the manual and midi settings many times, I note that MIDI Tracks wont let me choose the channel on the SRC page - the box has an X in it. Totally scratching my head here - have I missed something?

press FUNC + CHAN.
like, hold func, then click the encoder A.

the midi output channel has to be activated manually.

3 Likes

Thank you! I was holding down function, pressing and turning (no dice) when it needs function plus a press without turning (to activate it) first, before choosing a channel.
Thanks for helping to save what’s left of my sanity there! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I missed this command too. Suggestion for Elektron: Change the label under the [YES] button to:

Save Ptn / :speaker:

I might have to send mine back. I literally did nothing with my DT after turning it on this morning and came back to it a half hour later and it was frozen. I did have it hooked up on to my PC via USB and an audio out cable to my Scarlett interface. I also was playing clips on Ableton while the DT was on but the DT itself was not playing anything or sending/receiving MIDI. It was just on and then it froze. Oh well.

Edit: I’ve noticed that when my DT is not connected by USB or a MIDI cable, there are no freezes.

despite having set the Midi channel #'s of track 1-8 to 10, pushing one of them(channel 1-8) still triggers my synth on midi out port, which is on channel 1

Think this is something to do with the trig key pad/encoder/mute midi destination settings? (especially trig key destination settings).

Go to midi config - port config - and turn encoder dest, trig key dest, and mute dest to ‘int’

If they are on ‘int+ext’ every push triggers midi notes and messages to MIDI out. presumably this feature is so you can record actions taken on the DT interface onto a DAW or other sequencer, or use DT pads and knobs to control other equipment. These notes and messages are not useful if they incorrectly end up on your hardware synths.

John

1 Like

Anyone have this?

When i want to assign a trig condition to my trig I oobviously use encoder D on the trig page.

However, the values of the parameter lag hard, it will jump form 99% to 2:3 back to fill etc etc.

I havent done a os update as i think it wont have much use, think its a OS thing as encoder D functions properly on other parameter pages.

I have had it on certain parameters, (play parameter for example). I think the funny behaviour of encoders is being corrected in a future update. If the same encoder is working ok on other pages/functions, then I wouldn’t worry too much.

yeah exactly, but i thought id mention it anyways. Makes elektrons job easier if they know.

1 Like
2 Likes

Also:

Not sure if its a bug, but I can control every parameter with midi cc and and an external midi controller except for the “A1 Track Parameters”.

Can someone verify this?

This video popped on my YouTube playlist. Freezing bug during sampling.

getting a few crashes

1. randomly while in chromatic mode
  2. randomly using the midi tracks
  3. syncing ableton clock to digitakt and adjusting the midi clock sync delay

also i’m mapping the midi channels to an ableton drum rack and sometimes the CC’s aren’t being received.

1 Like

Mute mode: Mutes per pattern. When muting midi tracks, it takes one full cycle through the pattern to actually mute the midi track. Curious

Is this the normal growing pains for a new product or does this seem to be an especially buggy release? maybe they rushed it a bit to meet their May promise?

Quite buggy but far from unusable. Minor inconveniences v fatal flaws