Din Sync

Hello,
having trouble getting Din Sync to work while trying to clock my modular.
Would I need a Din Sync lead (rather than a Midi lead) to plug into the Elektron MIDI Out port?
Many thanks

Yes Different pinouts, unless you have(unusually) a fully wired midi cable.

1 Like

if your midi cable has all 5 pins live then syn works.

the cheaper midi cable tend not to have all 5 pins live because they are not needed for midi and are a senseless extra cost.

What are you plugging into from the rytm? I use din out to Pamela’s workout. ,I also have sent din to my trigger riot. I made the cable myself.

Thanks Folks,
I’m connecting to a Pamela’s workout and Intellijel Metropolis with varying results. Metropolis seems to respond best when Analog Keys CV is set to Trig.
Can’t seem to find the right magic combo to get everything going in perfect sync yet.
I have ordered leads to try Din Sync from my Elektron gear so hopefully that’ll work…until that arrives, any suggestions in the mean time, anyone?
Many thanks

Apologies for a really obvious question, but just in case - you have made sure the port is set to DIN and not MIDI in the Rytm’s settings?

I’ve never had a MIDI lead that didn’t work with DIN, but I put that down to most of my leads being from the 80s and 90s when perhaps it was common for them to be fully wired (for compatibility with pre-MIDI gear?). That’s my best guess, at any rate.

1 Like

I am sorry to rise this one from the grave but it´s still better than opening a new thread about the same topic, right?

I would like to sync my Analog Rytm to my little Modular System. Sacrificing one of the eight voices for a clock signal is not an option so the DIN sync output came to my mind. Is it a good idea to get a little Sync model for my eurorack to convert the DIN signal to a CV clock? Or should I look for an MIDI -> CV module?

Thanks for your input.

For info, because it points to a product a forum member was making and that thread may also be a kick-off place for other ideas solutions …

It’s much easier on the A4 for sure … I suppose the thing with a midi solution is that the chaining is still there to abuse … if you pursue a din sync solution you’re sacrificing a port

I’ve previously submitted a FR to have a clock divider of 6 or 12 on a version of that Din-Sync mode, basically allowing a simple hacky route for someone to then make a breakout 5pindin180 to 1/8" ts socket adaptor e.g.

other solutions could be to get a derived clock pulse by sending midi through other devices … e.g. a Korg portable or even an Arturia keystep … pretty sure they’ll transform your clock into more useful subdivisions

but no doubt a decent clock divider module would be a way fwd

aye :thup:

2 Likes