Digitone with os 1.02b

Today plus 7 weeks waiting arrives my Digitone. First boot and DSP failure :frowning:
Then reboot and fine.
Create new pattern with some sounds modified from presets and at sometimes glitch ramdom mode.

Elektron is making very bad and buggy machines with the new baby’s

I still get boot failures on one of digitones but never on the other… What does at sometimes glitch random mode mean

1 Like

I got lucky and don’t have any hardware or software issues. Just quality of life stuff that could use tweaking. This platform is only a year old. The analog gear has much more mature software.

@alespardo Have you submitted a ticket?

1 Like

Not yet, the digitone arrives yesterday at home.

So the Digitone is buggy as hell because you say so? Not for me. So I’m going to post the truth now… Digitone is fabulous and works perfectly. Truth police where are you?

What will you think if you run the machine you spend 750€ and the first time starts already crashed? I’m not the police, and I’m not the only one with bugs here. I tell you, what do you think if you buy a Porche and the first time doesn’t start?

1 Like

Ticket created

1 Like

…truth police here…
the digitone is an amazing and terrific sounding music machine…but still got it’s flaws…but we’re getting there…

and hell yeah, sometimes it even does’nt boot right…but aslong it boots correctly after at least two or three tries in all cases, no matter what, the world is fine…
and as u might experience already…it’s happening not that often…most of the times it boots the way it’s intended to…
and two or three updates more, and it’s gonna be THE digital killersynth of this century…

1 Like

Every now and again I get a “boot failure”. I switch it off, switch it back on again and carry on enjoying it - same as my PC and anything else that has software. Lots of machines, both mechanical and biological, don’t work perfectly all the time.

I guess anyone who is dissatisfied with what they have might want to sell it.

I now is an awesome synth, but is not negotiable the thing you spend a lot of money for a product that’s not finished yet and you’re the cobaya for testing it after you payed for it. It’s insane those days because people like you we have unfinished products on the market and it’s ok. WTF it’s not ok, I don’t have to

Then return it to where you bought it from. What do you think elektron support or this form is going to be able to do for you. Most of us are getting boot failure every now and then

I don’t want to return it. All I say is that Elektron nowadays is creating more products without fixing the other ones and the new ones are already with bugs. This is not aceptable from a serious company. And Elektron was for me a good company on the old machinedrum days.

It’s strange, but it seems that this detail has been missed by some… Not criticising anyone. But after I took more care with restarting, I do not usually see the Boot Failure anymore. Slower!

1 Like