Digitone > soundpool full

Hey guys,

I use a digitone recently. I am not a big connoisseur, I try to see more clearly some aspects of the machine.

I’m trying to insert sounds in the soundpool but when I want to copy them, the digitone tells me it’s FULL so I can’t continue.
do you know why ? Is there a way to clean the soundpool ?

Thank you :ok_hand:t3:

If it is anything like the Digitakt the sound pool is project specific and limited. Do sound banks exsist in the Digitone?, if so there will be more room there. Clearing and managing sounds should be possible, I suggest a look in the manual for details.

You get 128 sounds in the pool, the sounds you put in there are normally where you want multiple sounds om 1 track/quick access. You have a lot more sounds in the browser 8 banks of 245 from memory, and you can load them to any tack for any project.

If you are starting with preset banks such as bank A the sound pool may be already full with demo sounds, start with a new project and you should be able to load 128 of your own!

2 Likes

I thought its 8 banks of 256 sounds though? But yeah, exactly like you said

Yup- Typo :wink: 8 x 256, 128 of which can be in the ‘quick access’ pool at any time.

of which isn’t right here - the +Drive sounds are not shared with the Sound pool(s)

+Drive has 256 x HoweverManyBanks (16 Banks on analogs)
Sound Pool(s) are 127 x HoweverManyProjects
The two are not connected

1 Like

Thanks- So far I have only ever saved to the +Drive with tags etc and the sounds I save on the +Drive are available to the pool (in any project) so I assumed they must be connected. So if I save a sound in the pool only it is not on the +Drive and wont be available to other projects?

yes - I have to be a bit more careful as I don’t know the details of DN, but confident of above statements

but sound pool sounds need not necessarily have come from the +Drive as indeed Kit sounds (assuming DN shares the kit workflow of the analogs) - so sounds could be on +Drive / SoundPool / Kit(perhaps) and they are not connected - but, yes, only sounds saved in +Drive are available across projects for the soundpool unless you save a template project with a populated sound pool and copy from there to a new project

No kits in the DN (I have RYTM and A4 but just a week in with my DN). DN is a simpler format. just the pool and +Drive…like I said, I just save everything to the +Drive as it has tagging etc so is the logical place to save my sounds. The is just somewhere I load patches I will want multiple sounds per track, haven’t used it as much with the DN as I tend to use the RYTM or A4 more for drum duties, the DN I like too use for chords, pads and some bass.

1 Like

Are there factory samples on bank A only or B as well?

i have a similar issue: i loaded too many SoundPool sounds onto a new project and when i went to work with what was there i see duplicates and triplicates !
is there a way to clear the sound pool ? i thought you got a new SP for each new project…

are you sure you’re looking at the soundpool (128 per project) and not the +Drive (banks of sounds shared across projects) ? either way use the sound manager to manage sounds

2 Likes

I use the Soundpool for storing soundlocks only, e.g. percussive types for drum track.

And save to +Drive (and tag !) any time I need to save a preset I really enjoy.

2 Likes

Hi guys, quick question, if I change sounds from the pool (i.e. erase some), does this means that the projects that use those sounds that I deleted from the pool will be affected? If so, how can I change the soundpool without changing the projects.

Regards.

Each project has its own sound pool, that’s what this diagram from the manual is trying to indicate:

Putting a sound in a project’s sound pool makes a copy. So you cannot affect other project’s sound pools at all.

Hope I understood your question correctly.

1 Like

That’s it! thanks so much!