Digitone Saving Chords to sound pool

I’m programming my own preset pack with the Digitone, all is fine saving the sounds in to the pool BUT…
If I make a patch designed to be a Chord and save it to a location in the sound pool and import it back in to my track there’s no Chord there.
I was assuming that the settings would be saved as a Chord along with the Chorus, Reverb and Delay settings but for some reason my patches aren’t saving the Chord or Arp settings… baffled.

Also I am trying to import patches from my other 2 sound pools in to the current one and Iv’e been on ages trying to figure this out but it looks like it’s a no go grabbing sounds from other pools or again I’m missing something.

I can usually suss out synths in a few hours but the Chord save and importing from other pools have me stumped.

Any ideas appreciated

Rob

5.2.3 in the El Manurino

Basically, Chords and Arps aren’t part of a Sounds definition.

3 Likes

Ah ok… wonder why there’s an option to tag the saved sound as a chord… no wonder I couldn’t figure it out all night hehe

cheers

Just been having a few hours on DT & DN and wish the current state of the DN could be saved to the sound pool i.e if you have Arp or Chord assigned to a track sound then it should be able to be recalled in that state from the pool… maybe a feature request?
Just thinking out loud here hehe!

Interestingly 5.3.1 in the manual says that a Sound does include ARP settings…

Arp settings are part of sounds. I use this for drum rolls all the time

1 Like

Yeah it includes Arp settings but what’s the point in having a “Chord” category feature when you save the sound?
This is a real pisser IMO… I make a sound using the chord function, save it to the sound pool but once I import it back in then it’s just a single note trigger. The only way you can play the chord is if you save it in a pattern… Fail!

I kinda get what your saying but it’s very easy to just switch chord mode on and play any chord you want with your saved sound - it’s as if conceptually Chord is a performance/recording feature maybe? If it’s saved to the pattern then it’s saved for playback - if a sound is saved you can choose to play it with any chord type.

1 Like

Thinking if I made a sound pack for the DN I’d just have to state it in the pdf “Turn on Chord Function” for certain sounds. This is an absolute fab little machine I’m hooked on it hehe

Rob

Even better - name the sound with chord type - Pad Maj7 etc - in your pdf just describe that the chord types are “suggested” - this pad works well for Maj7 mood etc.

1 Like

Yeah thanks I think I’ll do that.

It’s pretty standard if you think about it - my old Vintage Synths card for JD990 is full of pads and string “sounds” that only play a single note but the naming suggests chords will make the sound fuller :+1:t3: “ensemble, choir, orchestra, CS80 Pad” etc

1 Like

If you apply unison to a sound on a track is this also not saved with the sound to the pool?
Iv’e got a pad sound here and have applied the unison then saved it to my pool however if I clear track and import the sound back in there’s no unison on the pad sound I saved.
Again it seems that “Chord & Unison” only retain their settings if you save in pattern state. Only Arp’s save to the sound pool.
Grrrr