Digitone Preset Tags a bit weird?

Is it just me or are the tags for the factory presets of Digitone just COMPLETELY off?! I mean, it’s not a biggie, but if you filter to DEEP you get a couple of clicks, pops and kicks. If you filter to STRINGS you get percussive things, if you filter to EVOLVING you also get nothing of the sort. Is my DN just mixed up in the presets or do you guys have the same tags?

3 Likes

haha yeah, a lot of the tags do not bring me the kind of results I want. I think maybe the “deep” tag is for “deep house” which is like… house music with a frozen robot heart?

I’ve just been trying to put in some time tweaking patches, renaming and retagging them for future use.

3 Likes

Same here, it appears a bit haphazard and I’m taking the time to re-tag the factory sounds with tags that make sense :grinning: - I’m trying to view it as an opportunity to see what the machine can do, and to tag my favourites.

Maybe someone can help me here though - is it possible to add my own new tag label? I’d like to add things like triphop, hopkinsy, nailsy, boardsy, etc and other weirder tags that make sense to me. Would also tag by song name as I find this very useful as the library grows with me making new sounds…

Thanks folks

No it’s not possible to add your own tags.

I’m also confused by the used tags. It makes finding my own tags hard with all the wrong labeled presets in-between.

I remember looking for a gentle pad and nearly blowing my eardrums out with one of them.

It’s called Tryptamine something.

2 Likes

I believe it is.

When in the Global Settings, go to Sounds, Sound Manager, press the right arrow, go to Edit Tags.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say that the main presets are Write Protected. In that same menu where you select Edit Tags scroll all the way down and click the “Toggle Lock Symbol” setting first.

1 Like