Digitone is now shipping

Is there a pack: digitone + keystep?? So many out there!! Arturia and elektron should consider it !!

1 Like

Arturia need to make more black Keysteps. I want one!

6 Likes

They pair well together don’t they? Especially the black Keystep.

2 Likes

Awesome. I’m gassing hard for an AH now. How are you routing these 3?

Right now there‘s only one way if you want to have AH on the master. DT Main Out->DN Ext In, DN Main Out-> AH In.

The AH is wonderful and a bit underrated imho, as it ads a whole new sonic dimension to the sound. What you don’t see on the picture is the mixer, so the DT goes into input 1/2 and the DN to 3/4 in the mixer.

The DT is sequencing the DN via Midi Out, but at the same time its controlling the iPad Pro via USB midi, and this is where the AH comes into the picture. Using the remaining 7 midi tracks of the DT, I use Korg Gadget as a multitimbral sound module.
(Regarding the DT midi channels, I’ve got the DN on CH.1, Wavestation on CH.2, the Mono/Poly on CH.3 and the M1 on CH.4, the rest are other varying Gadgets.)
Now the output from the iPad goes into the AH, so I can use that to sculpt the sound and add some warmness to the digitally generated sound of Korg Gadget. The Arturia Keystep on the right goes into the DT’s midi in, set to auto channel.

Very happy with this setup. :slight_smile:

I just snatched on up on eBay yesterday. I’ve been looking but there so few used ones out there. They really should simply re-release the ltd black versions again. White is just so doctor office and cheap looking

2 Likes

Except for the stupid white USB cable that they include with it

1 Like

Was it really THAT important to release it the day of NAMM? Wouldn’t an announcement with an imminent release date have been sufficient?

Exactly what I thought! They probably had enormous pressure last year, but personally I would rather wait a little longer in order to get a working, tested product.
But these days it’s almost „normal“ to get products or software that needs a few updates. Sometimes it’s just better to wait until the OS is staible. That’s what i do with the Digitone.

2 Likes

True - that was a sloppy shortcut. I’m sure there are black cables available to replace it. I haven’t bothered yet.

Hi there,

Does anyone know when the Digitone is back in stock? I’ve watched lots of videos, and I already own the Digitakt so this looks like a good purchase for me.

Thanks!

I heard 31.03.2018 from my retailer. :frowning: Its somewhat a scam if they collect preorders, for units they don’t have, or don’t have a contingent.

marketing generation…
I WANT INSTANT REVENUE, even if the fully working product only ships in a year. Zero patience.

6 Likes

7 in Stock at guitarguitar.co.uk

Mine should be shipping out on Thursday!!!

5 Likes

I dunno. I just ordered from Musicians friend- so whatever the default is.

If I don’t get the extra screw- I’ve got a screw loose I can attribute to the DN

2 Likes

Ah-gotcha! No-I did not order that model. Though, I believe that model comes with a free t-shirt

1 Like

In stock at Andertons and Red Dog too!

Got mine today and I’m already in love, can’t believe how good it sounds. That arp and chord mode… probably my favourite Elektron box so far :heart:

1 Like

same!

I cancelled my order because of this. Mind you, it saves me explaining to my wife where the new box came from! :joy: