Digitone is now shipping

If memory serves, I believe you shared that video in the mega-Heat teaser thread :smiley:

1 Like

Funny how GAS works. When the Digitone was first announced, I wasn’t all that interested. But then peeps started putting out nice-sounding demos and tracks. Then the consistent reports about it being conducive to making music quickly, and good sounding music at that.

The polyphony thread (aka “austerity”) has been a fun one, but I’m actually thinking of dumping two high-polyphony workstations for a Digitone-Abysss-TR8S setup.

5 Likes

I’m also finding my DN+AR MKII combo freakin awesome :star_struck:
I’m making an IDM track today that I can hopefully upload soon.

1 Like

Lastly I’ve been using mainly the Digitone on impro sessions.
Powerful bass/drones with excellent distorsion and Unisson, multilayered pads, percussions, arps… I can quickly shift from one sound to another. Really think “FM made easy” was reached with this one :slight_smile:

And I like how you enter chords, pretty convenient… This and the fact that you can also directly play chords with one note only.

Last session I’ve used it with Heat and Eventide Space, I had a lot of pleasure reaching quickly what I had in mind. But DN filters, distorsions and reverb are already pretty good !

I have sold PreenFM, Blofeld and Slim Phatty 3 months before Digitone appeared and I feel like DN covers the ways I’ve been using these three synths.

I’m extraordinarily happy with this instrument.
Form factor is ace for me.

Weirdly enough, I have found myself using INF release on one track and freely playing on top of it with another track more than once, first time I don’t systematically feel the need for a sequencer in an Elektron synth.

I wish there were a HOLD button and a random option for the arp, though.
But as is it’s already more than I had anticipated !

4 Likes

Wow! I just took this thing into similar territory that I took the Analog 4 into! Like- it sounds identical to some of the patches I made on the A4.

And the absolutely beautiful thing about Fm synthesis(for a person that doesn’t reallt know what they’re doing) turning just one of the parameter knobs ever so slightly will completely warp the sound into something different. (Something I always wanted to do on the A4 but, again, I can’t say I knew what I was doing)

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Instrument cables

I love the Digitone so much. It’s just the most inspiring thing I’ve come across in years.

9 Likes

Same here. It’s a great collection of features. The operator group envelopes and cross fader are so fun to automate.
I could never make my AK sound this spooky.

3 Likes

Got mine today and first impressions are good. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

5 Likes

Me too, though I feel the same way about my AR MKII :grinning:

Mine arrived at my house today…can this work day go by any slower…

4 Likes

Mine was supposed to be delivered today and then fedex had to F it up :frowning:

Ok. Sitting around my apartment with too many days off… I caved…

I’m in!

11 Likes

Welcome brother!

1 Like

Secret phase modulated handshake

6 Likes

Wow, it sounds great. And it’s pretty deep too, just going through the presets to start with. Will have a good once over the manual tonight.

I actually got a tune stuck in my head… I was looking in my collection for it online, then I thought… maybe it was a Digitone demo…and it was :slight_smile: this little ditty is what convinced me to buy one :slight_smile:

Hoping to make some nice ambient tunes with this puppy… will get a DT in a month or so once/when/if they have sample transfer sorted, this will be a nice little after work chill pill in the meantime :blush:

3 Likes

Ahhh… what a sweet box. I have to say this is like the OP-1 I always wished the OP-1 was… that said I love the crazy creativity on the OP-1 like all the effects and different types of sequencers and sound engines… but this one ticks more workflow boxes for me and just has in general higher quality components…

I do wish there was a notch or bandpass filter… and the tempo light is super annoying. Might have to put some tape over that

2 Likes

Glad you like your new box :grinning:
There actually is a bandpass filter. On the Filter page press the FLTR button again to access it. Not resonant though but maybe using it with the main filter you can do that.

3 Likes

so there is!

1 Like

I do instantly want a DIgitakt now though haha

my tracks are all full with nice pads and basslines… now i need the drums… hehe