Digitone 1.02: bug reports

@pselodux Correct, mine does not work either. Just moves all the way to left like you said. Like that on both my digitones

I get DSP Boot Failure on start up sometimes. More often lately it seems. Usually a quick power off/on and it’s fine but I thought I’d mention it.

1 Like

I’ve seen that once. I think it has something to do with the state the machine is in when you power it off

mine does this sometimes. my issue is crashes when chained in midi. happens when i remove my digitakt from the chain. analog rytm to analog 4 to dgitone to heat. freezes with a high pitch sound after the first bar.

“Just had another freeze on the current firmware - Digitone just froze up and continued playing an ear-harassing beep. After the freeze it froze up again during boot up on the screen where it displays the version. After the 3rd reboot its working again. I’ve got the feeling its been crashing more since I’ve got my Arturia Keystep sending Midi to it.”

i having this problem as well. its something in our midi chain. It happens when the digitone is plugged into the chain a specific way. I am still testing it. but when i go from the digitakt to the digitone and then to the analog 4 and rytm it works without freeze. as soon as i take the digitakt out of the chain and reconfigure the order i get freeze after one bar (ish)

Come over here.

Here’s my bug, or so it seems:

I’m running my Digitone MIDI out through a Mutable Instr. Yarns to control 4 different drum modules. Once I get a beat up and running on my modular box through the Yarns, I switch to the Digitone’s track mode. When I play notes on the Digitone’s keys/steps to play Digitone patches, it also sends triggers to the Yarns. In other words, track mode is sending MIDI information which it shouldn’t, right? I have had an Octatrack for about 3 years and have never had this problem. Any suggestions? Is this a bug?

I’ve switched my unit on three times since I got it last week (because time!) and tonight - on my third power-on - I got the same DSP Boot Failure.

I’m kinda into this lil’ synth but all the bug reports are not filling me with confidence… Saying that, I never experienced half the badness with my OTMkII that some people report so I kinda feel blessed!

Just got my digitone yesterday and it came with firmware 1.02b and upon first startup out-of-the box, I got the “DSP boot failure” message and the unit was frozen. Switched off and back on, and all seemed to work normally. Figured upgrading to the latest firmware would address this issue, so I went ahead and upgraded to 1.10 and tinkered with the Digitone til the wee morning hours.

Woke up and fired up the Digitone again, showed 1.10 on the splash screen but to my horror got the “DSP boot failure” message again, which also rendered the unit frozen. Switched off and back on, then back in business!

This worries me greatly though. I initially thought this was just bad luck with my specific DIgitone hardware since my Digitakt has been so reliable, so perhaps swapping it with another unit would be the solution. After reading through this thread though, it’s obviously a widespread issue that could be affecting all Digitones regardless of firmware. Now contemplating returning it and getting some other synth entirely. Would be a shame if I did because the Digitone has been love at first sight so far. I’m surprised Elektron has not responded here or at least individually to any users who have submitted tickets.

Hi masmole, have a look at this thread: DN freezes on startup / DSP Boot Failure on firmware 1.10

So, I’ve had my Digitone for 2 days, came with firmware 1.02B. Tonight I went to use it and it greeted me with the “DSP boot failure” message, I had to reboot it 4 times and finally it was able to boot up. I really love the sound and the expressiveness of this box, I don’t want to return it. I tried the Digitakt twice but just wasn’t for me, this Digitone is right up my alley and combined with my OT seems to be a match made in heaven. I’m worried about the issue. I will submit a ticket to Elektron tomorrow and see how that goes.

1 Like

I have this same problem. rebooting or updating didn’t seem to help. The LFO speed just doubles up. I think it mainly (or only) happens when I activate another track. Has it happened since you seemed to fix it?

always happens on the second page

Like others I’m experiencing random UI freezes on my brand new Digitone. The volume control remains active, which is lucky as the crashes are accompanied by a god-awful whine over the audio outputs.

Ticket submitted asking if this is a known bug or if I need to return the unit…

I was also trying to add notes while the Arp was running and got a frozen digitone with a shrill beep. Turned it off and on again. Anyone got any advice?

What did Elektron say to you? Cause I’m experiencing the same freeze, volume knob is the only one working when it happens.

Digitone OS 1.02B, froze after copy pasting a pattern to a new bank. The pattern contained an arpeggio, which may be relevant since many have been reporting bugs with the ARP mode

Update to 1.10?

1 Like

Did not notice 1.10 was out, will try that, thanks

Bug #1 with my Digitone as well. The V. 1.10 worked fine until now except for the occasional boot failure.