Digitakt vs. Octatrack

One shot recorder trig, maybe? If it’s a regular recorder trig, it’ll keep sampling every time the sequencer comes around (recording silence in your case if you’ve removed/neutralized the sound source).

1 Like

Sorry, was just frustrated and venting.

1 Like

No worries at all. Hope it’s working… I’ve lost work on the OT as many have. But the OT is too cool to relinquish for me.
On topic:
I’d vote for having both the OT and DT. I love the percussion/melodic sequencing capacity of the OT mixed with live sampling. However, my imagination sees/hears the benefit of having a dedicated drum box paired with it, freeing it for other things. The DT’s size, form factor and layout interest me in this way.

2 Likes

I just want to point out that @ReidAdon was the Original Poster of this thread wondering about getting an OT or a dt and has been frustrated by OT before. I just think his venting is while not tip top etiquette almost on topic because this thread helped lead him back to OT… Sorry Buddy, I think I said somewhere up there that you either love the OT or want to throw it out the window, you might be the later type, but that could change…

1 Like

Why buy Digitakt over OT?

budget mate

1 Like

Half the price, probably 10% of the wtf’s…

4 Likes

“10% of the wtf’s”?

Digitakt will probably only leave you going wtf about 1 out of every 10 times the OT does… :tunga:

2 Likes

In a good way or bad way?

2 Likes

Probably both… :totes:

3 Likes

The elektron sequencer is special.
The workflow is it’s own too. As many times as I’ve tried to own a mpc it never connected with me.
They’re genuinely instruments and either they connect or they don’t.

Also, size and limitations and some people claim to like little screens. (They’re lying )

The real question is : what had your question to do with the MPC in the first place?
Everything in it’s right place now :smile:

As pointed out, it was the advertising selling of equipment in the thread that was off topic Nothing more.

3 Likes

RYTM and DT are due to get sample librarian software in April … so DT will also be midi SDS I guess. No mention of SDHC etc

Wups!
I must be projecting.

I’m not sure what this means?

It means use C6 to SDS midi transfer samples to the DT, as is required for the RYTM.

However a new librarian software is expected to be released.

Cool, thanks for clarification.

1 Like

I’ve only got the OT, so I’m unfamiliar with OB other than reading a little on this forum and some vids by Cenk. Thus, I’m not sure how librarian software would work for something like the DT, but I would hope that the DT wouldn’t fuss with such a cumbersome way and just use computer drag and drop like the OT excepting an even more streamlined approach via OB.