Digitakt Project Manager - early Alpha

No. They have been supportive of other third party software solutions in the past. Their utility software isn’t a profit center itself… and I’m pretty sure they view software like this as helping sell their hardware.

I cant follow this Argumentation, so you think what can´t be done by Elektron can be done by third parties and will help selling their products better!?

I hope they have the same understanding of selfblaming like you!

Good luck dude!

See: Strom and/or Collider apps. Def helped sell ARs.

2 Likes

Have you not been part of the elektron community for very long?
There are quite a few third party software/apps that elektron is more than alright with. It hasn’t seemed to caused any problems with official elektron released stuff either

2 Likes

Guys you really don´t understand what i want to say!
At first, i´m happy about the fact that Elektron is helpfull with this kind of stuff and i´m really heading to mzero´s solution!
But do you have a good feeling when the producer of those machines can´t offer an own solution and for such a long time!?
This means consumers getting creative with fullfilling a job what the producer can´t do …

In german we say “Armutszeugnis”!

Maybe they will also be helpful with publishing the schematics, so i can also fullfill their job, like an analog Input gain stage, gate Outputs or dimming the screen and other LEDs?

it guess its just perspective. you are assuming elektron has no solution to the “problem” and are expecting independent developers to do this work for them. Elektron have said more than once that backup and sample management are coming. not that there is no solution.
as a user i welcome the third party options because being stuck with proprietary software as the only solution is not always good.

1 Like

@Brueckenstein - I think you are misconstruing my work and my intentions…

I believe that Elektron is capable of producing software to go with their devices, and that they will do so with Digitakt. I expect that software to be useful, and will be used by owners, including me.

I am both a musician and a software engineer: I had a vision for the tool I wanted to work with my Digitakt. I had the means to create that tool. So I’ve gone about building it, and sharing it.

I doubt my tool will approach the design space the same way as future tools from Elektron or other third-parties. My tool will fill one set of needs. Other tools, including Elektron’s, will fit other, possibly overlapping needs. Yay! Let a thousand flowers bloom!

I don’t like the terms “producers” and “consumers”, especially in the area of tools for creative activity. The luthier, the composer, and the musician form a multi-part creative being, where in practice the boundaries are never that sharp. In creation of modern electronic music, it is even more so.

14 Likes

i think the problem in this situation here is that elektron wants to release Overbridge
= the whole package at once, vs. working on a backup solution separately.

what a loss…

Summary

( saying this after i lost one of my three main projects.
could have been usererror, or could have been the update, i´m not shure.
I just know since then can i no longer touch my DT. …unused since weeks.

they totally underestimate the neccessity of a backup possibility for ones own work.
its the MUCH bigger investment than the money itself ! )

1 Like

Hey guys,
cool down!
No one wants to destroy your illusion of a perfect Elektron universe!
@mzero it´s cool to have guys like you in here and i hope your work will be succesfull!
i´m just worried about the philosophy of Elektron.
Being a monopolist doesn´t mean you can do everything you want with your customers!
Ever experienced a crowded techno-Club with over 500 people and had a crashed DT or a stucked button while trying to switch your pattern? Did you decide to give your DT back while not having any Chance to backup all the 46 Patterns you´ve done in lot of hours of work? Checking 5000 Records to get plenty of recorded samples sucks also a lot of time …
So i´m very sorry that i´m a bit frustrated, but Elektron has stolen me many days of hard work and i´m very sad about the fact that they still don´t publish a solution, even a BETA …

1 Like

Whatever they release I hope there’s a beta before paying for it

The digitakt firmware is something they have full control over and that’s still buggy.
I know overbridge and much of the underlying tech may be based on previous versions but considering the crazy requirements to debug pc , mac , different hardware , os’s etc doing digitakt should’ve been quite simple.

Right now it’s ‘minimum viable product ‘ with 1.03 . I had hoped for an update by now just to fix a few quirks , I suspect development of rytm mk2 with sampling / likely digitakt tech has made it into a bigger undertaking.

I hope basic overbridge works well , anyone doing additional apps to support it is welcome .
Especially something polished like collider , i’ll Happily pay for it.

Rant over …

1 Like

well I was hyped because I came on here today thinking someone made some software for this shit by now… got my hopes up :frowning:

such a bitch

1 Like

Been using the Digitakt for sometime now, this would be so useful. Is the link working?

Link is now here:
https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/

Elektronauts Thread here:

3 Likes

Thaank!!

coooool ! thanks !

I’m trying to merge projects and I can’t find a way to do it. This gave me hope until I noticed the section for managing projects was gone.

Has it really been removed or is it somewhere and I can’t find it?

Thanks.

It never did anything with projects / patterns , it was all mocked up ready for when the firmware allowed it.

So far we have sample transfer ( the web version from mr zero offers more functionality than transfer v1.1)
And there is sysex dump.

Amazing to see this thread again , it was mocked up around a year ago…

So basically at the moment there is no way to merge projects unless you do it by hand / don’t bother.

I see. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Download link not working, 404 error?

That alpha was 4 years ago!
See version 3.0 info here: Elk-Herd 3.0 - #130 by DaveMech

3 Likes