Digitakt price drop

Heads up, Thomann has Digitakt for 663€. Quite a price drop, last week it was 730€.

2 Likes

Does Juno (UK) carry Digitakt? They always seem to be cheaper than everybody (for some things), even cheaper than retailers in the USA…

And I had to buy one last week didn’t I lol. Oh well I’m still quite chuffed to own one, awesome lil box of trix it tis!

2 Likes

Yeah €633 wish I didn’t look lol

Yep. They dropped their price this week.

That’s bad news for the future of the product right there… except if it was planned in advance. Otherwise keeping the price high will create some expectations and dropping the price will be like it’s good for what it is don’t complain. Hope I am wrong

It was not planned by Elektron. It´s kind a market thing. Big dealers order a lot to serve the first buzz, then every dealer has a lot on stock and to sell them off they drop the prices.

3 Likes

Yep. My ex worked as a buyer for a large music store and this is pretty much how it worked.

One store will knock down the price and all the others will have to follow to compete.

Chill guys, this doesn’t mean anything and it certainly doesn’t devalue the Digitakt.

4 Likes

Except for the secondhand market, of course

Yes, but… why would you want to sell it? :wink:

In all seriousness though, if you want all your money back, then return it to the retailer. They’re consumer goods, not investments.

3 Likes

Well plenty of people do try to sell it. :wink:

1 Like

I think that’s mainly because they like it so much they want more, so they get an Octatrack.

Too much emphasis is put on time stretching and slicing. The Digitakt doesn’t need those, but some people can’t get out of that mindset and end up going for it’s bigger brother.

In my opinion, the Digitakt is a future classic that has a certain charm about it. It’s got a personality that the other boxes lack, I feel. It’s not necessarily better than other Elektron machines but I don’t think it can be replaced by them.

Saying that, I’m still saving for an Analog Four and an Octatrack. But that’s to compliment the Digitakt, not to replace it.

4 Likes

The point is they sell it for less on a second hand market after this price drop.

But I appreciate your enthusiasm :slight_smile:

BTW. I was thinking :crazy_face:

What is there real value ? New price or the first price.

good news for someone, who will buy it - now is the time :slight_smile: But keep in mind, that Thomann can afford it. They order tons of units. It says “Available immediately”, but sometimes when you wanna place an order there are no remaining units. Apart from that I`m always looking for something when I have chosen DE (Germany) already, not sure if the price remains the same when you change the location…

Bought one this morning :slight_smile:

Should arrive tomorrow.

2 Likes

Digitakt was sold (general standard) for $649 when it first hit the USA, if that means anything. Not sure how prices have changed.

Managed to get a B-Stock for 585€ this morning on Thomman.de, hope it comes in good condition! :smiley:

1 Like

price is actually up by 50-ish dollars on the elektron site. wonder if the next batch will include something to give a reason for the price bump.

1 Like

I doubt it. I think it’s just supply and demand at work

2 Likes