Digitakt Overbridge enabled

Does not seem like that’s going to be included for the Digitakt.

Digitakt Overbridge
Stream the eight internal tracks to separate DAW tracks (24 bit/48 kHz)

Analog Rytm Mk2 Overbridge
Stream all 8 internal voices, external inputs, and main bus to separate DAW tracks (24bit / 48 kHz)

2 Likes

It is pure misery waiting for this feature. I don’t even care about the rest of the Overbridge programming shit I will never use, just the multitrack audio.

4 Likes

Hopefully the 8 internal tracks will stream at the very end of the signal chain with send FX included. If we can’t stream the delay/reverb that will be a HUGE bummer.

2 Likes

Hmm I’m really a bit disappointed. It seems like the Overbridge will be ready with the release of the MK2s or later in witch case I would have bought the AR2 instead of rearranging my setup for Digitakt. The way Overbridge was originally announced it all feels a little like false advertising. If they didn’t make such beautiful machines i would boycott the forever. The way things are I’ll probably end up selling Digitakt and bying the new AR lol

2 Likes

I understand a bit why you are pissed with the company politic concerning updates…
But when it comed to overbridge and its availability they made clear it would not be sold directly with the DT but be released later in the year…
But
Another week has passed and still no 1.05 and so still no fixes for all the problems mentioned in the bug thread.
And looking at the history of the DT from 1.02 to 1.04 it makes me angry that the lack of communication and a clear commitment to a schedule on how to fix an unfinished product like the DT… That is what I call bad customer service.
I agree that development of software takes time… But that should be considered before it is sold.

meh

:slight_smile:

1 Like

You are absolutely right. I should just change course and end up happier:)

Actually, this information was not easy to find at the time when I pre-ordered as i was among the earliest to order directly from elektron. You had to go to (still do) to the help section for Digitakt witch i think wasn’t even up at the time. At the product page it totally looked like it would be coming at the time of launch and the forums didn’t start writing about it before much later (at least to my knowledge). I know, i know… it’s one of the risks of being an early adapter;) Not trying to be bitchy, it just makes me so sad cause I want to love it so much but then I don’t:( (but i do too lol). Just like I felt with the Tempest…

Maybe instead of boycotting completely- maybe don’t buy gear until it has it’s promised features. Then maybe, if enough people do this, they’ll hold off on releasing the gear until it’s fully functional(for the most part) because they want that initial spike in sales-and if that isn’t beneficial for the buzz they get, they’ll do that.

However, people are impatient- which is why gear gets released like this.

3 Likes

I know:) you are absoloutly right… it was a leap of faith so to speak, so that’s on me. It grew out of a long time of frustration with my Tempest. The thing is I’m a bit torn when it comes to early releases of products: in one way I like it when you can get something, even though it’s not finished. Having to report bugs and such like with kickstarter stuff. I don’t mind the bugs and updates being rolled out gradually. it’s just that this essential feature isn’t coming until much later and I didn’t expect it.

1 Like

I feel like a kid in the backseat of the car on a long drive constantly moaning “are we there yet?” :smiley:

2 Likes

As you already know I preordered it back when it was first announced because I knew it would be an awesome addition. After using it for a little bit it seemed like a redundant machine for me to have in a group with OT, AR, MD, and AH. I can do everything I needed to just with those. I never experienced any of the bugs everyone else has listed. Now that it’s gone, it’s missed. The immediatecy of it is greatly appreciated. It’s just a great machine to incorporate everything else sitting on your desk.

I will get it again, it was an easy trade for the AR until the Elektron guys work on getting it on par with all of the demands on this forum.

Personally, I’m back and forth on getting any of the MK2’s because AR with @void ‘s strom app is a complete solution. the OT, need I say more? I only need to reaquire the mk1 A4 and those with the digitakt is a win.

Not trying to knock anybody specifically at all but as long as I have been a member here everyone has always said to use the limitations of any piece of gear to your advantage.

The updates will come. These developers know what the problems are. Remember, all of the previous gear they have released have transformed greatly from initial release to where they are now. Digitakt is no different.

Unless these are all coming from the new to Elektron users who aren’t used to these changes, I don’t understand why everyone has forgotten how the developers make the changes that dramatically enhance their machines. All of them have gone through updates.

2 Likes

I think the only feature addition to the DT will be OB. I’d be happy to be wrong, but I think that’s it.

If they could add loop-fade though…that would be something

I’m just waiting for them to release OB and I’ll buy them both simultaneously- it would kill me to have the sounds/potential on my desk but only be able to record stereo in. I’m feeling more professionally approached tracks coming and I need the ability to neurotically tweak things without having to mess around with the stereo EQ

1 Like

It’s 8 channels to track through ob as well the 8 midi tracks right? I haven’t been too interested in ob until recently.

It’s not a deal breaker because they haven’t released it yet, look what you can do without it as of now. It does have a degree of charisma independent of other Elektron gear that I really like.

Even with being one of the first to get it after it was released I was skeptical but I think the ob will be a great addition for fine tuning your sounds being that you are looking at itb production. Do you still have any of the other analog Elektron boxes that you can multitrack in a daw with ob?

I saw someone earlier a said something the dt ob won’t be released until 1.10. I don’t understand how a specific release can be named as of now.

I think when the AR mk2 is released there may be an update for both of the AR’s that will address several items including the addition of sample transfer in the new transfer app. Hopefully, this is when an update for the Digitakt will be released as well to address an updated transfer app to allow backups and bi-directional sample movement. My hopes are that there will be an update for Digitakt at this time as well for ob as well as the mk2 AR.

If you remember right, the new premium ob has not been released and the fully featured ob for the mk1’s are still the only one released as of now. Maybe the new premium ob will be released at the same time for the two analog mk2’s and the Digitakt. Just my reasoning for not needing to have a specific release to have ob added. Otherwise, the developers will have to unload several updates to Digitakt on everyone back to back. I dont think they will do this because there won’t be enough time to work on the trouble tickets they receive for each update.

1 Like

Yes, and I wish I had the time to record out the tracks one by one. I do not.

Give us overbridge already! loop fade, and more filter types please <3 <3 <3

1 Like

#Tomorrow

3 Likes
1 Like

#oneday

1 Like

I’m telling y’all! It’s dropping tomorrow.

Disclaimer

I should inform you that I’m only saying this because, I mean, how crazy would that be? People would suspect that I’m a Prophet of sorts. I have no Earthly idea- unless it drops tomorrow, in which case- SOMEthing was telling me…

1 Like

In some part of the world

2 Likes