Digitakt Overbridge enabled

Digitakt I believe easily syncs up with a DAW… along with other good stuff… then if you sync an Octatrack to your Digitakt using midi, then the Octatrack would be in perfect sync. Is this correct?

Oh, and I am buying a Digitakt soon, looks like too much fun.

1 Like

Sure. But then you might as well sync the Octatrack with your DAW using midi clock directly.

2 Likes

Except the latency is a killer. I did the method above and everything is rock solid in time. DAW Midi just doesn’t cut it.

…can I play VST and apply parameter lock with 8 midi tracks from DIGI via Overbridge??

But you wont get around this, since the Octa is still running on midi clock wether its clocked from Digitakt or the DAW. The culprit is mixing analog and digitally routed audio. I have zero issues when I clock my whole studio on midi clock (from the DAW or from OT). The tricky part is matching the latency unavoidably introduced when streaming audio through USB or you audio interface, with an analog signal going straight to the mixer.

But honestly - this has neither been a big problem over here. A couple of ms here or there.

2 Likes

Overbridge for Digitakt is not here yet. And Overbridge is most likey used to stream audio (from DT) and give you a big-screen-graphical UI.

But you can already play VSTs and apply p-locks from the eight midi tracks. Just hook the midi out or USB midi to your DAW and play away!

I agree it’s not ideal. I will keep the Digitakt no mather what though. Cause it turns out it’s just incredible. But please Elektron… Give us at least a rough estimate of when OB for digitakt will be released.

I won’t use it for finishing my current tracks without OB. So if we’re talking like 3 months I would need to make some other adjustments to my setup. Just don’t wanna go through making changes and then in a month it get’s released and it was all unnecessary…

2 Likes

Anyone have an update already on the overbridge release date? or is there a beta group of some kind? cheers!

As far as I know nothing new:
You will have to wait until the end of the year…

I’d like to know what the time limit for recording the stereo outs over usb will be in the free version. I hope they come back from that and allow stereo outs for unlimited amount of time in the free version and if you wan to multitrack you buy the premium version.

Hey i was wondering, is it confirmed or not that the DT can sample via OB?

If I don’t get my 8 outs into the computer soon, I’m going to freak. Please, take my goddamn money already.

1 Like

+1 then this thing will make sense as a studio tool!

Yes, I’m starting to have quite a few projects stacking up, because I tire of dumping pre-mixed stereo drums to everything like a teenage hack. Even my Electribe will make a multi-channel Ableton dump file. I would mark this as Urgent. Screw the other Mk. II machines…how 'bout we get this brand-new one working? If I’d known I wasn’t going to have full functionality until Christmas, I wouldn’t have dick-teased myself with it for half a year.

All that said, I do appreciate all the rapid OS updates, and have found my teenage stereo drum machine to be quite stable in operation.

1 Like

I just bought the Digitakt, and I was actually surprised that Overbridge DOESN’T work with Digitakt yet. It was:

• printed on the box
  • mentioned on the elektron product page

Only when you go to actually download it (as this was my first Elektron gear) it tells you that it’ll be available “later this year”. Kinda misleading.

Anyway you can alway record the stereo output and use the mute buttons to record track by track. Yeah its not reall comfortable but better than nothing.

1 Like

Has anyone tried this yet with the digitakt as midi clock slave in your DAW? is it possible over USB? or do you have to connect it via midi?

Yup… Works fine: sync the DT to your DAW via MIDI clock, via USB. Then record the DT analog outs via your audio interface.

As with any such arrangement there is a delay, so do a test recording and measure it, then set the compensation for it in the DAW. I seem to recall for my set up it’s ~20ms…

5 Likes

Does anyone know when OB will be available for DT; have I missed a date or something? :smiley:

i may have posted this in another thread but the manual states that overbridge will be enable in firmware 1.10. While not an exact timeline that does provide a point of reference for when its coming. I imagine they would like to work all the bugs out of the hardware before implementing overbridge which may bring another set of bugs.

20ms? You sure? That sounds a bit high doesn’t it?

I get 2.4ms recording off set with the Digitakt and Cubase 9.

I synced my Digitakt with midi clock from my DAW (Cubase) using a Sync-Gen II Pro (uses audio to get jitter free midi clock from a DAW) and recording the processing delay was 138 samples in average. For monitoring I go directly through the audio card.

Also tried having the Digitakt as midi clock master to NI Maschine and that worked very well. Midi clock and transport sync + midi tracks playing plug-in instruments on multiple tracks. Just lovely. Maschine software in stand alone mode is just amazing in this aspect.

If I had a DAW that could be a midi clock slave I would use the Digitakt as clock master. (Think you can do that in Ableton, not sure. You sure can’t with Cubase…)

Overbridge will be cool as **** if it works to get all audio out and will sync. Don’t know if I actually need that but it’s hard to say before you tried it.