Digitakt out now!

Haha :stuck_out_tongue:

:grin:

got mine today from guitarguitar, now for some desk re-arranging :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mine arrives today! Just in time for the weekend :3lektron:

75 posts were split to a new topic: Released too early ? Thoughts

A post was split to a new topic: Monoteur Digitakt Sampling Tutorial

It’s a fair point like I also mentioned above. I work in software myself and this is a fully digital device right so i would expect it to be fixable via code. The hardware on board running the software i would expect is an already establish market component that packs a punch. I mean you can get raspberry pis with quad core 1ghz CPU and 1GB RAM for less that 35£ and that should be more than enough to run 4x times the complexity of this software. I just hope they can write solid code :slight_smile:

They can always go the LXR way. But I don’t think they would do that.

Yeah. The BOM for the DT is most likely shockingly low. We pay for the R&D and the software.

oh for sure I’m not disputing the price just saying that im pretty sure the hardware can live up to it in this day and age

Seems less about power and more about memory leaks, conflicting instructions and so on. I’m sure it’s all there, just needs some more developer love.

2 Likes

Real strange that some units seem to have bugs, crash more often and loose factory sounds and patterns and others do not!

I will skip 1.02 for sure!

1 Like

That;s what I was thinking. certain chips or something may not be as compatible or something.

I mean, I’m very happy I got an early unit. I’m looking at this as being part of a release candidate version. We’re almost there. It’s not like it’s not already awesome.

2 Likes

It is always the same when a new machine comes out, from what I can gather the new MPCs are also having issues, if you want to avoid it the answer is simple - don’t be an early adopter.

I actually was going to wait until all the major quirks had been ironed out before considering a DT, but I was offered a good deal on one and I had some store credit so I took the plunge, I did so knowing that there will be at least a few months of updates before it settles down.

In defence of the companies they cannot possibly test every user scenario, or test compatibility with every piece of gear or daw setup, so user bug reports are an essential part of early development- I do think that there should be some reward for early adopters in these type of case, like free soundpacks and such, exclusive to early adopters, some companies do this some don’t.

1 Like

fair point but they did not position the product as such. I think at least a clarification beforehand that this is still in pretty much beta form should be necessary. And if so they should be treating it as a beta program with the appropriate setup to incorporate feedback into their development. This feels more like a rant thread created by frustrated users.

1 Like

No argument from me, I wasn’t defending the practice just stating it for what seems to be common practice these days, mostly with smaller and medium size companies but also larger ones.

1 Like

Obvious answer is obvious.

Yeah, I just didn’t really want to believe that. Ie. Elektron care way more about money/sales than customer satisfaction/relationship/honesty? Was hoping I’d missed something :wink: Not sure that’s a great strategy long term…

Hard to say. Maybe they were low on money and had to get some quick cash from somewhere to avoid problems?