Digitakt OS 1.08 bug reports

hmm interesting, does this mean they are not saving with pattern properly?

maybe bug? I had my digitakt and digitone on the entire day and at several points left for several hours… each time on return there is no screen saver “dimming” of oled on digitakt via 1.08. there was no activity going on whatsover.

I tested very briefly on Presets patterns and it did reset with reload, so this might not be an “absolute” bug but maybe in certain circumstances. Haven’t tested with personal patterns yet. Are you sure you saved the pattern/project first? (I know, dumb question but I have done dumber things)

edit: just tested in personal project, new pattern, set compressor to crazy settings, then saved project, changed compressor settings to completely different stuff, hit FUNC-NO and it reloaded back to what I saved it as. So at face value it appears to be working… doesn’t mean there isn’t a bug somewhere in some certain situation though, but does seem to be working with basic testing at least

3 Likes

The dimming is actually pretty minimal so maybe you just didn’t notice it?

The first step of MIDI tracks sequencer does not sound when sync to other gear.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

are you saving your project after you adjust your compressor settings. then trying reload ?

2 Likes

Yes saving properly, doesn’t work for me

Grrrrr. Thats really annoying. I was hoping that would have been fixed.

Haha, the post your username was destined to answer :joy:

8 Likes

generally, that is the receiving synth that sees the program change instead of the note…some of my synths will play, yet my virus will not play on first beat if there is a program selected for that track…X out the program and you will see the first note will play

1 Like

Compressor MIDI messages are sent out on Ch.1, not the configured FX channel which is used for Delay, Reverb.

1 Like

FX updates are sending MIDI updates for both CC and NRPN - not sure this was the case in 1.0.7? In any case, shouldn’t this honour the MIDI setting of sending CC or NRPN rather than both?

I had some weird issue when setting compressor threshold too fast the whole thing went silent (even after moving the threshold back to 0). It went away by moving the threshold all the way down again and back to 0.

gotta mention again that the stepped values of compressor‘s make up gain in 0.2 jumps …

0.1 would be cool to adjust to exact zero values!
for sure a kind of hair (value) splitting, but i‘m a fan of clear values :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

also i would prefer db values for threshold instead of that none capable 127 range, aswell i would prefer frequency values on the filters!

i‘m still not getting that 127 MIDI caused value range and i‘m still questioning myself what is unity…!? i‘m used to 100 = unity gain, like some others for sure … but if the knob conversion isn‘t linear at all, no chance to understand what‘s really happening while knobbing :thinking:

initially the amp values are over 100 …
maybe someone could clear this up for me as i‘m also not sure with every other elektron machine i‘m using …

one more thing …
start point of reversed samples is always at the end while using lfo to start point …
one sounddesign feature less what could be fixed easily :confused:

2 Likes

LOL, nice one :smiley:

1 Like

works fine here, but I’ve only checked with the headphone outs

Does anyone notice that when hitting SHIFT+MASTER to go back to the COMPRESSOR page from, say the AMP page, the display briefly shows the COMPRESSOR page before jumping ahead to the MASTER page instead?

4 Likes

Anyone else noticed the very loud click when a sound get’s cut off? I know this was always the case a little, but it’s very loud now. If I want to use fill to get some more kicks on the kick track it now is riddled with very loud clicks that weren’t there before.

A work around that kind of works is using trigless locks to mute the sound just before the other one hits, but this isn’t always possible.
Another way is using micro timing. Though this has an undesirable side effect as well.

I’m certain it wasn’t this bad before. Anyone else notice?

1 Like

Dry / Wet Mix” midi message on the compressor [CC118] does not work! :confused: