Digitakt OS 1.05

That will come with a Transfer update. So i heard.

1 Like

So its not a very usefull backup then, cant say i am surprised.

1 Like

Real shame you cannot archive anything captured yet.
It’s prerequisite on a sampler but anyway still having fun…

1 Like

Argh, this update sounds so exciting but the changes to track volumes using overdrive make it a no-go for me: got a gig in two weeks, use overdrive all over the place, really don’t want to change the settings of every single track.

I know it’s unlikely, but is there any chance that a 1.06 version might drop soon with a quick fix for this? Such a shame that what looks like an excellent update has introduced such a critical change to the sound engine.

1 Like

immediate OSs drop in dire circumstance. Perhaps

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt 1.05 : Bug reports

since the DN exhibits same behavior, i imagine that if it is possible, they will roll out the fix/option for both OS’s.

1 Like

definitely a typo, i tried it and does not work.

What a shame, still hoping for Elektrons response to this. This feature i essential imo.

anyone tried the sysex backup?

it worked via midi for me, but not via usb.

Is the screen ghosting gone or am I imagining things? I remember Simon mentioning that it’s going to get fixed in a future update. Didn’t see it in the release notes though.

The bitcrusher definitely changed, it has less of a volume reduction that it used to have with the previous OS. Now it’s more of an actual bitcrusher and we don’t have to go full clockwise on it to hear a difference.

3 Likes

?? Pretty clearly people seem to be concerned by the large increase in volume on low overdrive settings, does yours not do this?

2 Likes

I can see I need to record all my industrial acid-tek bangers before upgrading!

I didn’t notice but probably because I have atleast a bit of overdrive on everything :sweat_smile: hope they fix that up quickly though for people who aren’t as overdrive addicted as me. I think it might actually be the other way around though, that the non overdriven sounds are actually quieter than they should be as I didn’t notice a big volume bump or anything.

1 Like

Good to hear that from a fellow overdrive addict :slight_smile:

Didn’t notice new overdrive behavior at first, but then went through my projects an realized that some patterns sound really different indeed.

It would be great to hear some more or less “official” comments on this. Is it bug and is it going to be addressed in the near future?

It does indeed, but the problem is that some old patterns sound very different (those were you used a combination of bit-reduction and overdrive, especially).

That " New " Overdrive sounds good, just the difference between 0.00 & 0.01 is too big…
Little fix will be cool :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So will Elektron continue to redifine how exsisting features work with every update?, the overdrive and bitcrusher were not the best but you get used to what you are given( especially when there is no word they are faulty), I appreciate new features but not at the cost of replacing old ones I have to work with. Many of my patterns have relatiponships between distortion and bitcrush that will surely be effected by even small changes, I seriously doubt adjusting them will be possible. I may not take my music making that seriously but when I make the effort to create something on a device I dont expect it to be tampered with by the makers, its bad enough I still cant back my work up, now I am being asked to redo it to accommodate an update that doesnt seem to fix the most important problems I am suffering from.

2 Likes