Digitakt OS 1.05

NICE FIND! Makes an insane difference

Thanks for this response, knowing that a fix is on the way will allow me to plan accordingly. This is currently my #1 problem.

1 Like

nope. , not there , dont worry you havent missed it

edit … i was wrong. but

its a new midi parameter to set the fx channel separately to the internal and midi channels.
so i’d guess its for reverb , delay setting that are global and no longer need to be on auto channel ,

or something like that.
or maybe they forgot to remove it and it hints at an fx track … (cue internet going mad , conjecture , disappointment etc etc…).

This update is fantastic news for me. I will probably get a Digitakt soon.

For me it’s too heavy from the jump, I prefer the way it was before the update

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt 1.05 : Bug reports

If the overdrive kicks in harder now, does it get more extreme at max settings?

yup same here

1 Like

Did you submit a support ticket? Even though Elektron employees sometimes read this board and respond, it’s not the official place to submit bugs, just a resource for the community

3 Likes

Same here !!!

Overdrive is also very sensitive, I need to readjust it on every tracks now as some tracks get too loud compare to others.

1 Like

Good point, I’ll do that right now.

1 Like

:+1:

Yes and it sounds awesome, I would just prefer it to change the sound more subtly at the lower adjustment, it’s a small complaint

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Elektron! The timing couldn’t be better. My Digitakt arrives on Monday.

1 Like

Manual bug: Sound Pool is totally missing from chapter 5: “Overview of the Digitakt Data Structure”.

2 Likes

Several of you mention the Overdrive curve has changed. The release notes only mention change to the bit-crusher. @Ess - what changed here?

Overdrive seemed to have a fairly useful range, and to change would significantly alter patterns. But the bit-crusher was noted to have only a limited useful range, so I’d get why that would have an update.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Ranting on DT update

I’ve always wished that it could go a bit more extreme, but I agree it could be a problem for old patterns :thinking:
Maybe an option could be put in the second amp page as to which overdrive profile you want per track. I think the sound pallet of the DT could be greatly expanded with a few different distortion algorithms

Yes, I have the same impression with the overdrive. I wrote it in the bug report.

1 Like

Yep, there’s definitely something wrong with overdrive. Set it to the lowest setting (0.01) and you get like a 50% volume increase.

2 Likes