Digitakt MK2 feature wishlist

Hello again all:

I’m new to the “Elektron” family. I currently use the DT as a standalone production piece, and have been using the Akai MPC60 mk1, S950, along with the inimitable Emu SP-1200. I still can’t quite figure out how to get the DT to control the SP-1200 via MIDI. I must be missing something. Maybe my other thread explains that situation better.

SP1200 + Digitakt MIDI

Anyhow…

As much as I absolutely love my digitakt… it’s rather disappointing that there is currently (and still) no feature to save or back-up the +drive. Overbridge is slated for February release, but we’ve been promised that last year to our dismay… nothing! It would’ve been nice for Elektron to at least offer a simpler DT software feature in Transfer to allow +drive back-up. If there is, I apologize for missing that one.

Digitakt MK2 feature request:

1. micro SD card reader to save and load sounds and back-up projects — my son’s $30 USD sandisk mp3 player has one… should be a $3-5 USD add-on feature in manufacturing. Implement some code to the OS and voila… problem solved!

2. 8-dedicated outputs via 1/4" phono jacks… hello… this would be huge for the DT, making it the ultra compact beat making powerhouse that it is… take it to the studio and track music properly to outboard mix console. This may make the machine slightly larger in size, but perhaps the geniuses at Elektron can figure this out. I know there is the OT and the Analog RYTM… but these are not quite the same.

3. Velocity sensitive drum triggers… similar to the LINN DRUM or SP-1200… love the drum triggers on the DT… a soft rubber latex surface (finish) may be interesting. If not, how about an accessory that lets you control the DT easily with a portable set of 16 pads… again, maybe I’m missing this feature from using the Akai MPD16 via MIDI (I own this old set… yes it’s a life saver on your fingers).

4. A dedicated SONG mode pad. Patterns = Songs = Projects. This is a no brainer… let’s steal some functionality from the OT on this one. Or offer a [FUNCTION] possibility.

Please feel free to add-on… maybe Elektron will help us out with the +drive storage and back-up before with Overbridge actually releasing when it was scheduled to.

Thanks for your time!

— DRUMAT!C / KicDrum Products, LLC

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s next for Elektron?