Digitakt midi out into OT to trigger slices via trig conditions?

digitakt midi out into OT to trigger slices via trig conditions? Is anyone doing this yet?

I’m not sure what via trig conditions means, but you do realise that Trig Conditions are just a True/False on whether a Trig plays or not, it has nothing to do with what the trig will do, just whether it exists … so I don’t see the connection

Anyway, Trig conditions are not the issue here, this issue is getting the OT to play the correct slice via external MIDI, there are a few detailed posts and threads on this, but here’s a post I made on the issue which makes sense to me

You’d have to set up the OT to play time by slices and then P-Lock the correct CC value per the slice. With conditions set

It’s possible, but it would probably be a lot of work programming the right values.

Nah youd just have to use a midi processor to convert digi’s note ons to CC values to be sent to OT to trigger slices. you wouldnt need to use OTs sequencer except for keeping in sync for time based effects. I think so anyway, Im sure @sezare56 can help on this one

2 Likes

I keep hearing about these midi professors- they sound amazing

1 Like

Midi processors can be very useful for special midi desires or midi implementation lacks. Check the Triggering Slices topic below to thanks the guys who helped me too.

If you want to record slices from DT Cond Trigs, maybe a midi processor can be useful. If you want to change slices randomly in OT, with specific values, it’s doable in OT with lfo designer modulated by another rdm lfo, even with % of chance if you wich.

As @avantronica mentioned, for triggering slices from and external midi device, the issue is the latency. But there’s no latency if you assign slices to crossfader, and control crossfader with Cc48, just before sending a triggering note.

I don’t have DT, but if you use track 1 for CC48, track 2 for the note, I suppose it will be before.
You can move trigs with microtiming too.

If you don’t want to use crossfader for this, another workaround would be anticipation, in order to control directly Cc17’s Start/Slice. Place you conditionals before the triggering note, a step before or somewhere else, with microtiming or not.

3 Likes