Digitakt Lemur Template

on it’s way, BIg guy :wink:

1 Like

Not to rain on the parade but it’s a bit lame to charge for lemur templates when there’s more hours work than you can count sitting in the user library for anyone to use. I imagine this post would have been a lot more popular if it weren’t for that. I know it’s super time consuming but that’s the cost of having something customised to your specific needs, then sharing that with everyone is part of what makes lemur great. Not trying to be a dick though, I just like how the community share so many hours of work freely. I don’t own a digitakt

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah true,
But at the same time there’s also a Touch OSC template selling for pretty much the same money, with more or less the same features (minus randomization and killswitches) that noone has batted an eyelid at or called out for being a paid download.

Is that morally/ethically OK because of the platfrom it was programmed on?
Even though it has less features? :speak_no_evil: :yum:
Is there a difference between this and people posting videos linking to their patreon pages?
(that reads quite pedantic, but it’s not, just genuinely trying to understand the difference)

I like how the community shares too and I’m thinking I’ll release it eventually on the lemur user library (hopefully when they add more filter types and the DT layout is “finalised” )

Time does equal money to me though I’m afraid at the moment, and if people are willing to pay for my time, cool, if not, also cool.
And in the spirit of community, there’s nothing stopping people sharing the template with others once they download, other than the morality factor of course. :wink: :ok_hand:

Just figured the demographic of Elektron users (disposable income) could muster the fee even this close to christmas to help a fellow naut haha

1 Like

demographic of Elektron users (disposable income) [quote=“FOALMA, post:7, topic:47996”]
Just figured the demographic of Elektron users (disposable income
[/quote]

That’s a little bit of a sweeping statement there fella…

Yeah, it was meant in jest,
But, for real, you taken a look at this thread? :speak_no_evil: :joy:

4 Likes

I know, I know. Some people do have far too much cash, and it would seem a lot of these guys buy without any reading up beforehand as well, hence the millions of threads about the lack of midi on the analog boxes :smile:

I don’t see every thread on the internet though, and patreon begging sucks too. I know editing videos takes time but for real I’ve spent countless hours across various forums helping people and Ive never dropped a paypal link yknow? Its not the cost that matters, yeah it’s €1.75 but if you charge why shouldn’t the next guy? And on and on until you end up spending more on other people’s templates than you ever made selling them. Its not really that deep, I’m not saying that you charging $1.75 is gonna destroy the whole online community, it’s just a thought. Free love and all that jazz

1 Like

1 Like

I can afford $1.75 bud, I was just making a point. You didn’t have to start dick measuring and posting your setup, that’s hilarious

2 Likes

I dunno,
I don’t think people asking politely for some financial return for their time and effort sucks like you say.
I really think there should be a way of supporting and thanking someone for helping people out if they feel like it, I’m sorry you feel differently. I do also hate spam though and I don’t feel guilty of that myself.
(hopefully you don’t either)
The “next guy” should then do what they feel regarding charging, it is after all, the internet.
I won’t be mounting any legal action or anything :joy:
How many people on here using cracked software?
Illegally Shared samples?
Where’s the line?
While I do see your point, it’s a double edged blade where people could lose sight of the reason non physical products are not always free, the time and effort that has gone into making them. And a lot of the time if there isn’t financial support, these things cease to exist and everyone misses out.

I mean, I could link you hundreds of videos and posts where people ask for monetary return, and hundreds where people don’t. Some of the free information is more useful than the paid stuff, and vice versa.

This isn’t really the place to get into the epic moral debate of how online content should be completely open source or not, just sharing a template people might like to save themself some time making their own haha :wink::ok_hand:

Zero bad vibes being sent, have a good Sunday Bunday

1 Like

Sorry mr big studio I’ll return to the peasants and let them know the king has spoken. You don’t know anyone here’s financial position, you sound like a moron

2 Likes

I just had a play with it, and it’s loads of fun. It obviously took a lot of thought and effort to make. For my part, I am glad FOALMA took the time to create it.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the point you were making either. Please explain.

Sorry to piss on your post, I was just talking about the idea of community, you seem like a nice enough dude. It was supposed to start a discussion not an argument but Big money up here needed to show off his gear

1 Like

My first impartial review!
(Friends have had a play, but most of them don’t have a clue about stuff)
Glad you like it mate!

tries to steer the Sinking Ship that is this thread out of the storm

:joy::wink::ok_hand::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

No worries Brah

Wow… I’m not even going to try to decipher and retort, as I’m sure the mods will be here imminently.