Digitakt impossible to update

I had absolutely no trouble updating from 1.00 to 1.01 and then to 1.02. No problems whatsoever. My problems came after the updates, bugs, non-working features, etc… I was so frustrated I put the thing away for the past couple months.

Now finally today I take it out, optimistic, ready to give it another chance and start with an update to 1.04.

Oh my what a mistake.

Transfer see thes unit via USB just fine. However when I got into boot menu it’s invisible to my computer and the transfer software. When I go into OS upgrade, same thing transfer just don’t see it. I reset the unit, I reset transfer and reset my computer even in every combination possible, still, the computer only see the digitak when it’s not in boot mode. Whenever the box says “ready to receive”

So I try C6. The latest version of c6 DOSN’T even have a program window when launched in OS 10.11.3. The program opens, it’s on the top menu bar, but there’s no program window, and no way to get one to open. So the new version of c6 is completely broken. Great… There’s also, as far as I can tell no way to download legacy versions of c6 on the elektron webpage.

So i boot up my older mac with an older version of C6 get it open, program window opens as it should, and SAME THING as with transfer. It only sees the box when it’s up and running, the digitakt is invisible in boot mode, invisible in OS update mode.

Can someone PLEASE tell me the work around? I’m about ready to throw the digitakt off my balcony.

I had a similar problem with updating it. Found out that I needed to disconnect everything but the power supply and USB cord. Also make sure that it’s set to only communicate with USB. Hope that solves it!

1 Like

I don’t think you need to be in the boot menu using the transfer tool. Just system options os upgrade; then drag and drop the update into the transfer tool window. Sorry it’s not working, 1.04 is pretty stable. Have you reached out to Elektron support yet?

1 Like

Usb midi is not supported in boot mode, do as @Jogerflocky suggests and use os upgrade from system menu.
As far as C6, try this:

1 Like

Ahhh that did it. Thank you everyone. This must be how I did it last time.

I usually have more patience for this type of thing, but this box in particular seems to be challenging me at every corner.

I’m grateful for this community. Elektron should be too. I’m not sure how many of us could solve this lament configuration without community support.

5 Likes