Digitakt : External battery / Power pack options?

I just want to confirm that Rawpower 27000mAh can power Elektron trinity mk2
for about 70min
https://www.ravpower.com/ravpower-27000-external-battery-charger-AC-Outlet-black.html

the only issue is that sometimes the battery refuses to powerup, so I have to disconnect all the adapters and plug them one by one.

here is the little snippet of my live set with this battery:

6 Likes

Anyone know if this should work? I like that it has an AC outlet built in.

Hey all,

I’m having some trouble figuring out the right size for the DC jack on the Digitakt.

I got this right angle adapter 5.5x2.1 female to 5.5x2.5 male but the center of the male side doesn’t to fit.

Any ideas?

Anyone know of a battery that’ll power Digitakt AND a very small Eurorack? Like 42hp small, power module is Row Power 20.

Im just here for the pictures of battery powered gear on vacations. Please, more … MORE.

I do hope someone comes up with an internal battery hack with off-the-shelf parts (or Elektron releases an official DIY upgrade). I use my DT and DN exclusively with a battery and it would be great if someone could find an off-the-shelf battery that could fit into all that empty space inside the Digi.

5 Likes

It’s 5.5mm x 2.5mm but you really should use a quality connector. I recommend switchcraft brand. If the one you have doesn’t fit it’s either mislabeled or out of spec.

1 Like

What kind of multistrip you use for the 'trinity,right out of the battery please?

Photos and ref. please

Wh = Ah * nominal voltage

If the pack is rated in mAh then

Wh = (mAh / 1000) * nominal voltage

The problem is that not all packs release the nominal voltage value and depending on the chemistry of the cells and the number of parallel groups in series there are, this could range from 3.x volts to 14.4 or even 18v.

Note that this is NOT the output voltage of the pack - that’s after conversion. The nominal voltage is the approximate max voltage of the cells themselves in whatever combination they are arranged in internally to the pack. This is why Wh is a more useful measurement of pack capacity and power than simple mAh since I could create a pack with the same mAh but half the voltage and it would have half the total energy inside it.

I come back with an opinion (° - °) on the XTPower - Battery MP 23000A
fully goody for long hours of use.I will come back on its loading time …
Sunday sampling time with a newbank ,from Elecguitar loop !

019811a390be434dc0a157c4e297d425d2d898e6

1 Like

I’ve read through this thread, but I’m struggling to find a clear answer.

I think I don’t quite understand the power needs of these machines.

I’m looking for a simple battery solution for using DT & DN in the field.

Would an AC rechargeable battery (like below), with a power strip work for powering both?

I don’t need really long hours of time, more just knowing it will be able to power both simultaneously.

http://www.mophie.com/shop/universal-batteries/powerstation-ac

Nope you need 12V tis all.

This does NOT provide 12V.

Find one that does with the right connector.

That’s ALL you need.

Str.

Hi guys, I’m traveling and forgot my power pack. However I did take the 12v power pack charger. Do you think it’d be safe to use it to use with the DT ?
Thanks for your help!
See the pic for specs:

Yes, this will work without any problem. Have a nice travel!

Great, thanks!

Would one of these work by any chance?! Via USB perhaps? Also - would it do any damage if I tried? I already own this battery.

Cheers!

Work via USB? er NO!

Look…DT needs 12V, these batteries are ONLY 5V so they wont work.

Basic stuff, REALLY BASIC…

Str.

p.s. try this; XTPower® XT-20000QC2

I tried to find the relevant information to establish if this would work including reading the Digitakt manual and googling for the power requirements and more detail about the power pack, but I couldn’t figure it out so I asked in case some kind person here might give me hand. Yours is the first response I’ve had on this forum that’s been unnecessarily condescending rather than polite, friendly and helpful. I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. Thanks for the suggestion, shame about the delivery.

p.s. someone here definitely said that they’ve powered a DT via the USB port so that’s why I enquired about that option. I didn’t think it was a wacky question that deserved a patronising response.

3 Likes

So so sorry your upset…

Basic stuff bud, it needs 12V end of.