Digitakt: Could use some help as I would like to "move a full track"

Hey all,

I’m having an issue where I want to fully duplicated a track so I can do a few things:

1. Just move it because I want to rearrange my layout for better playability
  2. I have overloaded the trigs and want to copy the track and sperate out the different parts - again to make it more playable.

As near as I have found i’m unable to figure this out… I seem to have to copy all the trigs, then, all of the sound pages and so on… yes, it can be done, i’m just wondering if i’m missing a better way to copy it all at once.

Any thoughts here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

1 Like

SidStation? MachineDrum? MonoMachine? Octatrack? Analog Four? Analog Keys? Analog Four MkII? Analog Rytm? Analog Rytm MkII? Digitakt? Digitone?

4 Likes

Just about to ask the same

1 Like

I think I missed the Octatrack MkII…

1 Like

Sorry about that - my Digitakt…

1 Like

:wink:

Can’t help you with that I’m afraid.

Isnt there a wonderful app from Elektron to do that?

Dang…that’s a bummer. The Digitakt and Digitone are the only machines I haven’t played with (actually Sidstation as well cuz they are rarer then Elvis these days). That would be a workflow killer for me. I take it no “Kits” on the Digitakt? I hope the Digitone isn’t the same way…

Not sure on the full kits thing… I have a pile of sounds and I load/unload them as I go and work through things… so there may be a better way to do all of that - just not clear to me… so i’m seeking to understand more - if there is a good link on how all the audio is setup and how one can arrange it - maybe a kit would be a way to do that… i’m not sure a kit would just copy a track and all… it feels like something that should be possible - right now I just copy the trigs, then all the parts to the audio setup… but anyway… hope i’m missing something otherwise doing this for 8 patterns to move some things around is going to be a long process.

When not in grid record mode if you press func+copy it should copy everything associated with the current pattern, all eight tracks. You can then paste this copy to a new pattern and do your thing from there.

Hopefully this helps.

Alternatively you may want to looking to the sound saving feature which saves all the audio parameters of a track and can then assigned to another track or locked to a step.

Save it then save it again in a new spot and edit the copy you made

1 Like

Save the whole project in a new spot trigs should be there call it copy

The person wants to move tracks around In patterns with their attached sounds. At least that’s what the first post seems like the person is getting at.

Could you explain How would saving the project would help?

My suggestion was to just make a copy of the project and then go make all the changes on the copied one in case it gets fked up trying to move & copy things around if it gets to this point it’s time to move on anyways at least for me personally I’d ditch the track

1 Like

My issue is copying a track to a track inside of the same pattern inside of the same project.

Here is what I’ve got:

1. Bank 1 --> Pattern 1 through 9 are holding the basic song structure
  2. in each pattern I currently have 4 audio tracks and 2 MIDI tracks in use
  3. I want to copy track 1 in pattern 1 to track 4 and 5 in pattern 1
    Copy a track inside of a pattern
  4. I then want to edit out different steps in new tracks to get down to a more separated set of drum tracks… right now I have overused the pram locks for the drum tracks and I would like to better separate out the kick, high hats, and snare

What I tried:

1. go to the pattern
  2. enable record (so the record button is lit up) - the system in not playing
  3. I ensure I have my track selected that I want to copy (track 1)
  4. I hold down Function and press copy
  5. the system says “track copied”
  6. I select the track I want to copy to (track 5)
  7. I press the function and paste
  8. It shows “track pasted”
  9. I go to look at the TRIG, SRC, FILT, AMP, LFO and none of that is copied

From there I do the “long hand” copy of each one of the above (TRIG, SRC, FILT, AMP, LFO) over to the track… what i’d rather not is do this for 4 times for each pattern… um… that just seems a little silly…

So if anyone knows how to do this so I get a trigger copy AND all of the audio settings for the track at the same time — well that would be a HUGE time saver for me.

Thanks,
Brett

On the digitone you have to copy and paste the sound to get that result (hold track and copy) maybe it’s something like that

While not in grid mode, Hold trk+copy+trig (1-8) to copy the audio parameters of a track.
Trk+paste+trig (1-8) to paste it to destination track.

Also consider saving sounds as it saves all the audio parameters and can just be loaded into a track or individual step.

2 Likes

Sweet, i’ll give it a try…
One thing - though, will I still need to copy the rest of it as well - amp settings, etc.?

Question; what is the best way to save a sound?

Thanks,
Brett

the button combo will copy all the audio settings for the track on these pages TRIG, SRC, FILT, AMP, LFO

There is a section about sounds in the manual you may wanna give a browse, if you are struggling about the idea of sounds after you give that a read over come back to the thread with some specific questions. It’s easier to help that way.

2 Likes

Quickest way is to have the audio track selected, hold func, press the import/export button(top left) to open the save options and away you go.

1 Like