Digitakt - Chords

Hello everyone,

I can see on the following video:

That the user is actually playing chords on the midi, how is this possible?

According to the video you have to ‘unset’ the offset notes in digitakt settings, but I do not see any mention of offset (rather than talking about trigs) on the guide, do you guys have any clue?

Here’s a pre-video of the first one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whRK1a02E1A
Here you can see how they set the keystep up, which I have, I see a lot has changed with the os but it seems it’s actually possible…also, where is the synth sound coming from? keystep does not input any sound.

Also, I would like to use te seq/arp functions on my keystep with the Digitakt, is this possible?
Thanks for those who read!

To use the arp on the keystep it need to be master clock source I believe.

Thanks, let me try it out. Do you by any chance know how to set the controller to play chords, as the vid? I’ve been trying to tweak the digitakt around and so far I have not found out how…

In this video the sound is coming from an external synth, not the DT itself. They’re just sequencing it with the midi tracks.

3 Likes

If you see the keystep the user is playing the keys at the same time as the chords is sounding, I only see one midi cable coming out of it, and it’s the one connected to the digitakt.
I might be misunderstanding you, could you be a little more detailed?

Look at the screen of the Digitakt- that is a midi track screen

1 Like

Also, there are two midi cables

I understand, I actually didn’t catch the two cables but wouldn’t having a synth that can actually play the chords without the digitakt/controller defeat the purpose of having an external controller and the video the user uploaded?

I know i might sound off as stubborn but I want to know if it’s possible…

Also, here’s this is the description, I don’t see any other external synth happening here(but I don’t rule it out due to the cable):
In this video I show you how to route, config and use an external keyboard with Elektron Digitakt. I’m using Arturia Keystep as an external keyboard. Make sure you have updated your Digitakt version to OS 1.02 or higher as some things shown on the video do not work with lower versions.

Products used:
Elektron Digitakt http://amzn.to/2CSdHt8
Arturia Keystep http://amzn.to/2DkaQKx

The digitakt is sequencing an external synth, midi tracks don’t produce any audio. The purpose is to sequence external synths which might not contain their own sequencer and take advantage of things like p-locks which are unique(ish) to the elektron sequencer.

2 Likes

In the comments it is mentioned that the user is controlling a micromonsta with the digitakt/keystep midi.

Digitakt midi tracks produce no sound and are used to control external. What is happen in the video is the user is recording into the digitakt midi sequencer track using the keystep. It’s basically an easier way to get chords recorded into the digitakt midi sequencer. The alternative is dialing the chord in through the encoders.

1 Like

Ahhhh I seee, makes sense. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you to you as well good sir, I did see the comment later. Thanks for the explanation as well.

1 Like

It was a pain to do chords live in the midi sequencer before 1.02. The digitakt would only record one of the incoming notes and the rest would still need to be dialed in with encoders. It was a bad bug that luckily has been fixed.

1 Like