Digitakt & Blofeld (multi mode) MIDI

yeah, it works no problem on the mnm. i think it’s switched on the mnm tho, so instead of CC for 0 you use bank change on the digitakt. will give it another go later today.

Cool. From playing around with it, it looks like you also need to send a MIDI note on the relevant channel for the program change to be sent by the Digitakt / picked up by the Blofeld

just tried, and it’s all good. it’s confusing the way bank changes are implemented.

now i just need to figure out how to do bank changes on the ob6 and blofeld.

Elektron should show values from 1 to 128, just as every manufacturer should according to the MIDI specifications.

1 Like

aye, but at least i found a workaround for ob6 bank changes.

anyone know if there’s something similar for the blofeld? changing multis is great, but would be nice to change banks too.

Changing banks can be done with a workaround on some devices, but not on others (also see Digitakt not sending bank select (patch works)).

It would indeed be nice If Elektron were to find a way to give us the option of making it work with all synths.

CC0 with a value 0-7 followed by a Program Change works for my Blofeld os1.23 (even though the docs I’ve seen states that CC0 MSB Bank Select is not supported, but these may not reflect the changes including those allowing Multi Select using CC0 value 127 (0x7F) ) - nonetheless it works, as does CC32 with a value 0-7 followed by a program change - it’s nice to see Waldorf being pragmatic

2 Likes

i’ll try that, thanks.

does the DT have CC0 as an option tho, or is that the bank change parameter under SRC?

1 Like

I believe that may be the hardwired value, this thread discusses this (I don’t know the DT menues)

aye, i’ll check it out. thanks for the heads up.

It’s the latter: the Bank Select value on the SRC page sends CC0

1 Like

Some cut’n’paste text i’ve found from the waldorf site from back in the day wrt Blofeld… copied here for posterity, echoes what was said above but has caveat about functionality subject to change … fwiw

Some notes on how to change programs in V1.15:

Bank MSB (CC#0) and Bank LSB (CC#32) are currently interchangeable, 
this may change in the future.

Banks 0-7 correspond to banks A-H in the Blofeld (global channel in 
sound mode, multi part channel otherwise).  You can switch up to 16 
programs back-to-back without problems (in other words, set up a full 
multi).  Some controller surfaces might send more program changes in a 
shorter time than the Blofeld needs to fetch the new program from 
memory, so you should slow down a bit as you approach the final 
destination (or rate limit the controller data if that is possible).

Bank 127 is for switching between multi programs on the global channel 
(although it currently works on all channels).  After switching to a 
new multi you need to leave some time before you can switch the 
programs in that multi (about 30 MIDI bytes over USB) so that Blofeld 
can finish loading the multi before it gets new program changes.
4 Likes

Apologies for the tangent, but I’m trying to control the filters’ cut-off and resonance. I’m able to change presets no problem, but this I’m a little confused. I believe the CC numbers are 69 and 70. But nothing is happening. All works fine on my Minitaur. Any ideas?

On the Blofeld:

• have you set the “Ctrl Receive” setting to “Off” in the Global Menu?
  • have you set the “Edits” setting to “ignore” for the Part (in Multi mode) that you are trying to control?

Thanks, Peter.

Yep, it was Ctrl Receive.
Set it to ON and Bingo!

Thank you!!

1 Like

Unable to do this. What’s the procedure? Thanks, D.

Use the Blofeld in multi mode and assign patches and different MIDI channel numbers to more than one Part.

On the DT, set its MIDI sequencer tracks to send on MIDI channels that correspond to the numbers you set in the Blofeld.

If any of this isn’t working, let us know what you have done so far and we can further break down the details.

Thanks, Peter.

I’ll try this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Peter.

Finally, getting the hang of the Multi-track mode.
Taking a bit of time to get my head round it, but pretty powerful, this Blofeld :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello, how you cant save multimode in the blofeld???, i shutdown the blofeld and i lost all patches selected…