Digitakt arrived with wonky play/stop buttons

Hey there.

So as the title say my Digitakt arrived this way, the play button is too small for its own frame so i feel it a bit wonky when i press it and the stop button is bumped on the left a bit which makes it kind of grip to the metal casing and get stuck for like 1/4 of a sec every time i release my finger’s pressure.

This doesn’t cause me any functioning trouble but makes me think that they won’t have an optimal resistance to time.

Should i send a mail to Elektron to notify them that the problem is there so when something happens to one of these two buttons they know it wasn’t caused by an accident or stupidity ?

I haven’t checked the guaranty on that thing.

Your first recourse is your retailer, if you want to return the Digitakt for a replacement.

I recommend that you also create a support ticket on Elektron’s website to let them know about the issue.

1 Like

Seing how DT was released Crashing and Freezing (almost everyone) and Unusable to any serious performer. I dont see how there going to care about this. Just saying.

This seems to be an Elektron thing. If these defects are something we should except then maybe Elektron should consider lowering the over all price of their products… Seems logical does it not?

All my Digitakt buttons are perfect and it’s never crashed. But who would bother posting something like that?

4 Likes

Maybe you should open a support ticket. That can’t be right.

It’s pretty clear Elektron’s quality control is non-existent these days. As shown by numerous threads on this forum and others. For example:

If I were you I’d return it and keep returning it until you get a good one.

From my experience, Elektron customer service is exceptional. I had an issue with my brand new DT’s buttons that annoyed me at first, but was resolved quickly, and left me feeling good. I also had a couple sticky buttons, but I just kept tapping on them until they stopped sticking, like everyone described would happen. I’m loving my DT now, and eager for its first real update.

5 Likes

As much as I can relate to bad feelings about quality issues, I have in the last years bought A4, AR, OT, AH, DT, OT MK II (which seemed to have an issue, but didn’t, related to the macOS USB topic) and recently an A4 MK II. None of them had so much as a speck of dust on them let alone any hardware issues. There were some teething issues on the software side which I could easily have avoided by being more patient and not jumping on every new device straight away. What I’m trying to say is it totally sucks to spend what probably for most of us is a considerable chunk of our income on a new machine and not receive it in the expected, perfect state. Yet for some of us it happens. So saying there is no quality control at all seems a bit harsh. I hope that Elektron will live up to our expectations by continuing to deliver fun machines and sorting out their issues, ideally before they ship.

1 Like

Opening a support ticket will not solve a hardware problem. At least the guys from the support team will not be able to reproduce the issue. My advise is to contact the reseller or from wherever it was purchased…

Did I miss something? I thought the OP was just having some issues related to the buttons sticking, and one of them being misaligned. The solution might be as simple as replacing one button, and tapping on the other ones until they work properly like mine & others did. If you open a support ticket, everything is documented. That’s a good thing.

3 Likes

alright i had no idea about the sticking buttons, and just realised today (after two long nights of button pushing)
that it’s gone, hah

The play button is just wonky i will just fix it if it ever goes down prematuraly. Thanks for the answers.

Seriously, just open a ticket, and ask for a new button. You’ll get it in a couple days, and it’s super easy to replace. It’s worth trying.

1 Like

^this. OP, Don’t listen to people saying that elektron support doesn’t care.