Digitakt 2048 sample limit?

Hi guys,

If I’m reading the manual correctly, there appears to be a limit on how many samples can be stored on the +drive.

Am I correct in saying that only 2048 samples may be accessed on the machine? I have over 700mb of samples I would like to use but I believe this is way over the limit. :sad:

Thanks for any help.

I believe that is the limit on sounds not samples. Sound is basically a patch (sample + all parameter settings/data). Is see no numeric limit on samples listed.

2 Likes

That’s the sounds limit, not sample limit.

Though, my advice would be to carefully select the samples you load into it in stead of importing an entire library with also samples you probably won’t use. This will end up paying off in the end and is a more focused way of using the machine. You’ll also leave enough room to load new samples in, for future purposes.

But maybe you already did that and still have 700 mb of samples, in that case I didn’t say a thing :wink:

1 Like

Scrolling through 2048 samples to find my favorite kick or snare sounds so unappealing to me.

That’s why organization is key in a sampler

samples have folder structures like a pc/mac
sounds can be tagged with bass , sfx to help

i did start to download multiple sounds for a synth sample (e.g. the key rang) but now i tend to only download a certain note throughout the octaves , e.g. c3,c4,c5,c6 .

ive dumped a lot of stuff on my digitakt and its still taking on more , luckily i have no idea how much ive got on it , its possibly very nearly full.
project wise i havent got close to 128 samples , i havent needed to setup sample chains for drums etc .

2 Likes
2 Likes