Digitakt 1.05 : Bug reports

Most MIDI gear crashes when there is a feeback loop present. If you don’t want it to crash don’t plug MIDI in to MIDI out on same device. Just asking for trouble.

1 Like

so i tried for a sysex dump and it only worked via midi, not via USB.

anyone else?

well, that probably wasn’t a good idea, but i couldn’t work with the newest update. i decided to try.
it’s going well so far. i lost my last pattern though (it wasn’t saved in a project) and had this issue with sync right after i installed 1.04, but after reboot it’s stable again.

I got it working via USB but only using Elektron’s c6 sysex program. Make sure you have the correct outputs setup in MIDI config. If you select only USB out/in its very fast as well (way faster than MIDI/USB)

Can someone confirm that the keyboard octave only goes up to +12. I thought it used to go up to +24. And regardless what the octave is the keyboard is, the highest tuning you can play is +24. So if you set the sample tuning to +24, every note above C-0 (using digitakt’s keyboard) results in the same not. Is this expected behavior?

Confirmed. The keyboard octave seems to go down to -24, but up to only +12 indeed. That doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

aye, had all that but realized i had set in/out to midi only instead of usb/usb+midi.

the number of weird, broken things in 1.05 is kinda crazy! I updated and will probably hang on till next update. i guess!

It’s always been the same though. Two octaves up and two octaves down.
This is not a bug, and nothing changed.

1 Like

That’s how it was before and pretty sure it’s intentional

-24 in one direction and +12 in another is 3 octaves the way i count it

You can view it like this:

-24: 1 octave
-12: 1 octave
0: 1 octave
+12: 1 octave

2 Likes

sorry, but no

1 Like

You can go from C0 to C5 if normal C is C3.
Do your maths again, I count 4 octaves.

Take any keyboard with 49 notes. Don’t you call it 4 octaves ?

i count 36 on DT sorry maybe im high

1 Like

yes my P6 is 49 notes and is 4 octaves

It’s right as it’s range is only 4 octaves:
Standard, 1 higher or 2 lower

Can you play the octave range above the +12? I know at some point it cuts off and only plays the same note but I’m not sure if that cutoff point is at +12 or at like +24
EDIT: Just realized I’m dumb and you have 4 pages of chromatic keyboards = 4 octave ranges

1 Like

49 notes!

-24 to -12
-12 to 0
0 to +12
+12 to +24

Here you go, 4 octaves :smile:

When you tweak the range parameter, you can go from -24 to +24. But you can’t play a note above +24 on DT, so if you set default note to +3 then the last 4 notes in the higher +12 > +24 octave are maxed to +24

2 Likes