Digitakt 1.05 : Bug reports

Getting sync problems when using DT as master to Ableton (similar to what was mentioned by @nikomurdy). Also, don’t know if this is a bug - I’m still learning this machine - but when you’ve copied and pasted a pattern and then do control-all and change a few things then press FUNC+No to go back, it deletes the newly pasted pattern.

I have tested the output / headphone output to. As mentionned above about the reverb.
I have got exactly same results in both

For the sound pool bugs, tried with few of my projects, sometime it loads the good sample, sometimes it will use one randomly in your sample slot, or no sample at all.
I just tried several times opening new project and works without any issues.
But I now tried to open a new project, loaded samples, saved project and re-opened and here we go again bugs are back

You have to save it once to establish the state you’ll come back to with reload.

It’s generally not a good idea to use Ableton as a slave with any outboard gear. And your last problem is because you need to save the pattern first. Copy the pattern, then save it, then make changes. If you don’t save it, the last save state is a blank pattern.

I really wanted to pick one of these up. These problems are insane though. Is the digitakt even usable on 1.05?

I wouldn’t call these bugs “insane”. Which of these bugs would stop you from making bangers, since you are wondering if it’s usable?

reverb exists … but in my case nothing exept the reverb on the headphone-output. but also much louder as it should be

on headphones it is no more possible to make bangers for me. or have you ever tried to make good music if you can only hear the reverb? but i´m still in love with the digitakt :wink:

Not being able to properly mix the reverb would be a big issue for me.Just seems insane that people have been complaining for months about the Digitakt bugs, a long awaited update just causes more issues…

1 Like

Device seems to lag a bit when editing steps while playing the pattern. Adjusting sample length parameters especially, seemed to be happening on headphones.

Also the retrig velocity mod doesn’t do anything.
Can hear the delay through headphones fine though.

If as me you’ve experienced the “project must be re-saved” message after having saved a pattern to project… it just because the project is out of date with the new OS. Don’t mean that we no longer have the ability to save one pattern at a time or having to go in all other tweaked patterns to reset them before saving the whole project. This message no more appears with new projects or resaved ones since the OsUpdate.

1 Like

glad i did not update to 1.05 as quickly as i intended to do. Sound Pool and bit reductions changes are super interesting, but i think i´ll keep using 1.04 which works fine for the most part.

its a freaking shame that the long awaited update is already plagued by new issues again. :frowning:

2 Likes

I highly suggest for you to wait to get one, or find something else instead. You’ll obviously only upset yourself if you get one now so it wouldn’t make sense.

2 Likes

It doesn’t stop you to make loads of good beats,
There is no perfect drum machines / sampler.
You will always have features request or little bugs.
if you focus with the tools you have instead of the one that you don’t , you will make tons of great bangers :slight_smile:

On mine in step sequence mode the trig backlights now pulse if there is any trig condition programmed, only on steps with conditional trigs, whilst some may see this as useful to spot where you entered trig conditions, I find it does my eyes in. Does in on trigless trigs too

Manage Project page is buggy here:

• Press Yes to ‘tick’ a project name – the tick doesn’t appear next to it…
  • Press down arrow – the ‘tick’ now appears but the following row has been skipped the one below it.

Deleted samples are still referenced by name in the loaded project here.

I deleted 3x unwanted samples that i’d previously transferred to the DT, but they’re still shown in the Assign page or via the D encoder in SRC page…

New OS, new thread :slight_smile:

Please report any bug on OS 1.06 right here :
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-1-06-bug-reports/

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt 1.06 : Bug reports