Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

Throw an update out to get this little machine in sync with the octatrack arranger asap I can wait for everything else :slight_smile:

Maybe you should check to make sure you don’t have the first step of the sequence micro-timed to just before the start of the pattern. I’ve helped a couple of people solve the “sound doesn’t trigger on the first play through of the sequence but does on subsequent play through of the sequence” problem by suggesting checking the micro timing.

1 Like

Had a strange one turn up a couple of times recently, track is unmuted and playing but there is no sound till you hit the trig, I think its been happening for a while as there has been some loss of individual track audio before that sorted itself out before I could investigate.

@digimatt that’s basically what’s i’m seeing/hearing, too.

Agree, we need some form pattern sequencing beyond chains. Even something as simple as track write mode like on the 606. We have a function key combo to put it into track mode and then you can just tap in the patterns in the order that you want them to play. They already have the UI sorted for this to a degree. If they can do it in 1981 surely we can do it now eh? :space_invader:

2 Likes

I wonder if this is similar to this odd Rytm behavior: :thinking:

It might be worth checking if sustain is set to HOLD. In the page where you set set attack, sustain, release, if there is a note graphic displayed, the trig only plays for as long as it is held in Live Record mode. If it’s on one of the loop settings, you will see an indication in the waveform page that playback is occurring, but will not hear a sound unless you hold the trig.

In Step Record mode the trig will play for the note length set on the Trig Parameter page, and I believe the default is a very short note length.

Probably not the issue you are experiencing, but worth checking. If not, this setting is still cool to experiment with. I didn’t know about it until fairly recently.

no kits = no song mode!

Probably mentioned here before but I only have the Digitakt for a few days: MIDI Sync to other devices stops sometimes, e.g. I am syncing Ableton on my Mac and Moog Subsequent at the same time, Digitakt being the master, but after a while one or the other stops. Help: In system menu change back and forth the sync option usually does the trick, or of course restarting Digitakt.

I had a bit of the same @SoundReverend

I did a live set last friday with the Digitakt and a small modular setup. I had set up a couple of patterns to do drums and two melodic midi channels that went to the modular. When I went from one pattern to another the Digitakt stopt sending midi. When I stopt the DT and pressed play again it was working again. I had this a couple of times when I was rehearsing my set (about 80% of the time) and offcourse it occured in my liveset again. The set went well and no one noticed something, Because I was prepared for it. But it is a bit anoying… anyone else experienced this with other hardware? I dont think its my midi to cv converter because with other midi sequencers it works fine.

1 Like

Not a settings problem unfortunately, the tracks in question were running fine before and I hadnt made any changes, it runs through the sequence and all the other tracks are audible but untill you hit the trig the track is muted.

While Playing:

When I control all at once, sometimes I can’t control the filters. Frq and Res.

Greetz…

In addition to a post I made about encoders triggering without contact, I had originally thought it was just the sensitivity but its been happening with the sound select too which requires the func to be pressed and I have seen it happen when my hands are nowhere near the device, gets a bit annoying having windows pop up whilst you are doing something else.

I had this the other day for the first time. I was working with a perfect loop, but the sample start time was drifting back and forth without my hand on the dial. Quite annoying indeed.

1 Like

Sequenced notes on audio tracks 1-8 do not send MIDI note data out to their assigned MIDI channels.

Setting “Trig Key dest - int/ext” allows note output via manual presses on the trig keys and the chromatic keyboard to be sent as expected. However, any notes played using the internal sequencer are not transmitted.

All i want for Xmas is Digitakt firmware update :diddly:

2 Likes

yo, dont forget the bug loading a newly recorded sample on anything past sample 108 (in the list of loaded samples) causing a load error. Huge headache. (Mods please move to appropriate spot if need be).

? You probably have filled up your 64mb ram by using a lot of long samples :wink:

cant be. I loaded a new bank and sampled more stuff into there and it loaded fine. When I had that other issue, i sampled the same thing 3 times thinking it wasnt saving, since it wasn’t showing anything on sample 108 or the following ones as I tried skipping to later numbers, and nothing. When I went into the samples folder, I had 3 new samples of the same things I had sampled 3 times because of me thinking it hadnt saved due to “load error”.

Have you reported this to :3lektron: support ?

2 Likes