Design Challenge

Hi all!

I was watching a youtube video with a cool sound in the intro and I started to dig in my Analog Four to see if I could recreate it. I haven’t check any presets yet, just started from a blank sound and tried to get it as close as possible. I am getting close using envelope filter and bend, but I am not quite there yet.

I am interested to see how would you approach this task, here is the video (the sounds in question are in the first 4 seconds):

1 Like

It’s a saw: if the basic one is not good enough you can get a better one (IMO) by choosing the triangular one with PW set to max.
Add some sub for the bass.

To obtain the detune sound, either set your track to Unisson and adjust Unisson detune to your liking, or use the second OSC detune parameter…

There doesn’t seem to be much filter on the first sound, it seems rather raw.

3 Likes

I would start with the settings that are being used on the Manther, and try and go from there.
In the beginning it’s a square with a bit of saw, wide open filter, looks like some LFO on something which sounds pitch related.
I’f maybe try messing with the vibrato on the A4 as well.

I though I would clarify, although any design study is interesting, I had in mind litteraly the first seconds of the video, the “metallic drop” on top of the Perfect Circuit logo ^^

Oh, HA, thats way different.
Thats the Perfect Circuit video intro sound, has nothing to do with the Manther I don’t think.
Tricky one, someone better qualified will maybe answer.
Maybe try looking at this thread.

Oh, my bad… :hushed:

It feels more like sines, doesn’t it ?
With A4, this means using the filter resonance…
I guess such sounds would be more DN territory though.

1 Like

Maybe with filtered TRI wave too…

1 Like

Not exactly the same, but I gave it a try with TRI, Filter 1 = 53, TRK = 32, RDM Arp, playing with its speed, Note 2 = 7.
180 bpm, D root note.

4 Likes

Damn that’s good!

1 Like

Master of sound design challenges :wink:

1 Like

Ok I riffed off your patch @sezare56 and added a component of the sound that I liked in the original which was the “water drop-like” effect. I achieved that by adding a high pass filter = 43, RES =79, TRK = 34, and DEP = -42, and a ENVF with short DEC = 11 and DEP = 12

1 Like

Better with short decay indeed.

I also tried that but it seemed to be closer the the original with TRI. Interesting sounds with fast lfos on res !

1 Like