Delay whole track by miliseconds

Now I’m fairly Greeeeen/new to the Octatrack, and I know you can delay compensate source material coming in.

But is there a feature where you can delay a whole track by milliseconds? (much like you can in Ableton)

I know you can get around it but changing sample start points by small amounts. A simple whole track delay would be awesome though. It’s already so good on the microtiming front.

No. What are you trying to achieve?

Yeah its a feature request here too… microtiming nudge

What about using micro timing for the triggers on the track that you want to delay or play a bit earlier?

2 Likes

Bolandross, yea that’s a good idea, cheers.

I just love how streamlined it is in Ableton. And then you can have microtiming with individual midi notes on top of that.

I’m trying to achieve grooooove.

But weirdly, it’s sounding great not totally locked, one of those weird things that because it doesn’t have the feature the end result is maybe better.

I guess “global track microtiming nudge” would be the feature request. nudge nudge wink wink etc.

I totally agree … that’s what I love about Ableton Live, too.
It’s just set and forget. No matter what you then do on the track, everything will be affected by the Track-Delay setting.

Hello,

A big +1 for that thread.
When I try to sequence external gear with the octatrack, and get the audio back in the octatrack, there is a hardware dependent latency that the octatrack cannot automatically guess or compensate.

Ok, but It would be necessary I think to have a manual delay compensation parameter, maybe per input, to force the octatrack to wait for the audio signal to come back…
This is really annoying for me…no chance to sequence proper groove that way…
With my iPad sequenced by the octatrack I get 4 microtiming increments of delay.
With my nord lead a1 sequenced by the octatrack I get 2-3 microtiming increments of delay…

Do you guys have a trick for that? But let me warn you I am not going to manually offset all my trigs with a different value for each track! :wink:
The only cool solution I see here is to give up the manual trig placement and to record the trigs using live unquantized note record. A bunch of ms is “ok” for you to compensate delay as you play.

1 Like

Up!

same problem, any addressing of this situation in mkII?

No.

1 Like

Awe nuts.

Put a delay on the track, full wet, no feedback. Adjust the delay so its the right amount (very short time)

If the OT delay won’t do it then send out to a delay pedal and back in inputs?

It’s such a specific feature to request on a hardware box its not meant to do everything!

3 Likes

Good idea, I used this for other purpose, maybe better to turn off tape parameter.

Skibbedy-be-bop, a Christopher Reeve!

Record whole track out, record it back in with a bit of space in front of it - adjust start time accordingly

2 Likes

In that case micro timing on recorders is possible too.

1 Like

Ooh I don’t know what that is, sounds like exactly what op is looking for though depending on their intended purpose @centeringdevice ?

They want adjustable compensate delay apparently.

In theory If you can prescind swing, just set all triggers to swing and use the swing amount to delay all notes.

Can’t test right know, let me know if it worked. :wink:

2 Likes