Delay in recordng audio

hey guys new to my elektron and have a problem which I can’t figure out

When i record in ableton there seems to be a small gap of silence before the sounds come from the MD… now this is basically making all my other clips out of time and every sounding a mess

Any ideas how to fix this?

as a rule of thumb, there is no, and will never be ZERO latency … try decreasing or increasing your buffer size in ableton, that might help …

i also have a split second delay when ableton is the master and syncs my MD, on my friends pc however, also with ableton my MD is in sync ALL the freakin time …

good luck, please post your solution here if you find something …

welcome to the MachineDrum!

If your interface has a ‘direct monitor’ feature, you can monitor the MD in realtime before being processed by ableton - this might help.

However you won’t be able to use ableton effects on your live input. If you want to do that, there will be latency.

1 Like

Just to be clear, this is an issue with your computer, not the amazing Machinedrum.

yeah, this will be an issue for anything he records using external inputs. He can fix this by adjusting the midi latency in options.

hey guys thanks for the replies, how do i adjust the midi latency in options? is this option menu in ableton or MD?

I just basically wanna be playing the MD whilst recording and triggering FX and loops through the APC40, i really hope I can find a solution to this because otherwise I am going to sell it

1 Like

I don’t know Ableton Live, but the required setting will be there and not in the Machinedrum.

There are some really good threads on this in the MnM forum.
This one: ABLETON USERS how you sync MnM without monitoring latency

1 Like

I’ve tried so many things to no success. I spent all night trying ways to get it to sync with ableton and record without the gap! I personally think it’s awful you spend £1200 on something that doesn’t work for me or quite a few people… Looks like I’m selling this :frowning:

You are going to have this problem with ANY gear.

Does your audio interface have a ‘direct monitor’ feature? You could find one that does for cheap.

It aint the machine’s fault.

1 Like