'deeper bass' on the AK and now even 'deeper' on the MKII?

The website also says there will be “enhanced analog overdrive for more bite and growl,” so they’re definitely getting right into the circuitry, and changing some components. I suspect that the changes made overdrive circuit will be the same ones that improve bass response.

For you bass purposes, look elsewhere!

I’m betting qperf knob to be like scenes from the OT, just not morphable from one to the other(like if you always kept scene a blank and just change scene b). On the a4mkll it looks like 4 triggers are dedicated to storing these for switching on the fly

2 Likes

Seeing as though AK was originally deeper, now new A4 mk II is maybe now deeper than deeper, then that means the new AK mk II could potentially be deeper than deeper, then deeper again. Makes you wonder just how deep they can go :thinking:

6 Likes

That’s deep man… :ecstatic:

4 Likes

:joy: if madonna calls i’m not here… and deeper and deeper ;p

1 Like

One of my main concerns as well as I also work in sound design but if the difference between the A4 and AK is indicative of anything there won’t be much to worry about

2 Likes

love that whole album!

AK mk II, aka the Dirk Diggler Special
It goes deep

I think the the Mk2 will have the same deep bass like the AK.

2 Likes

Every time I see this thread, I think of this song. I love this song.

2 Likes

You don’t want too much bass in the A4 otherwise it just end up like US Fat —Moog/ Toraiz AS1
A4mk1is perfect as it is --its not going to drown out your other instruments

1 Like

It’s now deeper.
Just how deep does it now go 20, 15, 10hz?
Compared to what Hz value did it reach before?
I guess comparing mk1 and mk2 on a spectrum analyzer will reveal all when it is released :loopy:
Such a silly marketing phrase

A4mkII “Deeper than Deep”
The Deepest…

Elektron felt they needed to say this to address all the concerns people had regarding the anemic bass they now had in their A4 mk1 when the AK was released

BRB…

That’s funny, on my last post I was going to say we’ll need a submarine if we want to get any deeper. :grinning:
We want bass in our face, how low can you go… :smile_cat:

1 Like

Ive always been a bit confused by this. The subs i get on my A4 even with no external processing are phenonemal. Like seriously huge. Second only to my pocket operator. In terms of bigger bass can someone describe how it comes across? I use pretty exclusively sub sounds in my tunes and would the added bass be used for like ‘phat’ sounds (for want of a better term?)

1 Like

Unfortunately nothing suggests the LFOs resolution has been improved… that would be my only driving force to upgrade.

After listening to Simon’s it’s clear about the differences in bass.
I like the AK a lot more. The magic in sub-low, tight and in control.

So looking forward to MK2 bass.