Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

for listening and sampling use, I’ve been very intrigued by the newish Sony PS-HX500 turntable. It has USB and line outputs (so no need for a RIAA, plugging straight into any line level sampler!) but the freakiest thing is that it also has DSD recording support built in!!

DSD recorders are quite rare and hella expensive usually. You can also convert DSD to PCM so its not an either or affair.

I’ve seen pretty good prices for these in amazon sometimes… If I wasn’t already swimming in turntables I most likely would already have grabbed one.

Lets hope some good BF deals for this

3 Likes

I have one of those PSHX500 and it works well. Very straightforward to rip stuff and yeah, very high quality files if you want. Also quite a good looking turntable which doesn’t hurt.

2 Likes

great find. me want this

1 Like

+1

Any ideas where I could get an analog heat during the sale?

You asked for it, here it is, though i am scratching my head to see if this is for real. (Someone please point out what’s wrong with this deal.) B&H is a good retailer, have bought from them many times.

ADDED: Of Course it’s a Mark I not a Mark II – That’s why! Duh. My bad.

1 Like

Wow that looks like the one. Thank you.

F9 audio aka James Wiltshire of the Freemasons is selling sample packs at reduced costs.

This is an excellent Deal!

All the good deals are software. The rest is just surplus stock they cant get rid of. Black Friday has lost its appeal.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah when aren’t sample packs on sale?

3 Likes

FabFilter Black Friday Sale

FabFilter plugins half price at Plugin Alliance

• Twin 2 Synth $77.00 ( 50% off )
  • Volcano 2 Filter $64.00 ( 50% off )
  • Timeless 2 Delay: $64.00 ( 50% off )
  • Simplon Filter: $29.00 ( 50% off )
  • Saturn Distortion $77.00 ( 50% off )
  • One Synth $29.00 ( 50% off )
  • Micro Filter $17.00 ( 50% off )
  • Pro-G Gate $134.00 ( 25% off )
  • Pro-R Reverb $149.00 ( 25% off )
  • Pro-Q 2 EQ $134.00 ( 25% off )
  • Pro-MB Compressor $149.00 ( 25% off )
  • Pro-L 2 Limiter $149.00 ( 25% off )
  • Pro-DS De-Esser $134.00 ( 25% off )
  • Pro-C 2 Compressor $134.00 ( 25% off )

5 Likes

I have a vague memory that I liked the original FabFilter Timeless and Volcano when I actually thought about maybe making some music and noodling around.

Strymon doesn’t even permit sellers to offer free shipping.

3 Likes

FabFilter is the best. If I didn’t already have these I’d definitely be on this deal.

I’ve used the originals / v1’s of Timeless and Volcano before; long time ago; a friend had them; like I said, recall enjoying them.

Money is very tight though; hard to justify when I’ve already got SoundToys 5 (includes FilterFreak 1, FilterFreak 2, Echo Boy, Echoboy Jnr and the Effect Rack)

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got all the Fabfilter plugs, though only really use Saturn and Pro Q2.
I highly recommend these 2

5 Likes

Yep, if you want a deal on Strymon, you gotta buy it used, due to tight manufacturer controls.

Can’t say I hate them for it. It means the resell value holds high since everyone is paying the same price new. But it also pushes more people to buy new, which is more money for Strymon which means more Strymon.

3 Likes

Second this. Those are the 2 I use the most along with the compressor. Pro Q is on every channel in my Ableton template.

3 Likes