Dave Mech new liveset online! 2xDigitakt, Digitone, AH, Xone db4

ah nevermind don’t have, will just sit back and enjoy the vid with a pizza :smile:

2 Likes

Haha, cool.
You can always write down questions you have and post them here :wink:

2 Likes

Man, da was goe! Superb tekno set, with surgeon eske, detmann, bit of chords, 909 bit distorted, dubtek, detroit ish very nice, I really enjoyed this. But… I think most great changes, climax building, filtersweeps, fx’s, … comes from that Xone?

Yeah I can see it again now, first time laptop sounded great already, now I’m gonna let it boom with my old Quadral boxes! BOOM TSSSSJ BOOM TSSSSJ BOOM TSSSSSJ really nice man, missed a bit of acid bubbles but that’s my opinion, superb like mixing with Traktor techno hehe So I could basically do the same with an MD, Tr8, and digitone with a good mixer with fx’s? Aaaah going to try this in combo with some oldskool techno vinyls…

1 Like

Brilliant mate! Loved every minute of it. Probably the most rounded performance and use of elektron gear I’ve seen in a while, in fact any gear. Not bad for machines which get bashed for ‘no song mode’.

1 Like

Dave, Just watched it. What a incredible perfomance!

1 Like

Good stuff Dave surprised your not using a Roland tr8s or do you just throw samples into the two DT :woman_teacher:

1 Like

This is really inspiring and the sort of thing I’m trying to work towards. I haven’t even traditionally been a big techno listener (or producer) but since I got my DT a few weeks ago and realised just how intuitive it is for improvising with four-to-the-floor dance beats I’m hooked! Great stuff!!

1 Like

He is like the Cenk of Technoland hehe

3 Likes

great as always :slight_smile:
I was wondering, how do you split the layers on both Digitakts?
I mean, do you use each for different type of sounds?

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

That was the ducks nuts!!! great stuff…!

1 Like

Good set Dave. See youve added the Digitone to your setup. Sounding good.

Wouldnt mind the mp3 for on my phone :wink:

1 Like

Glad you like it! Certainly experiment with that setup. You could do a live set with that for sure.

A lot of the breaks and arranging etc. I do with the db4, but I use the DT’s and DN a lot as well to create build ups and keep the arrangement flowing. Everything works together.

1 Like

I created all the music you hear within the DTs and DN by sampling my own sounds which I record on the street or which I design with hardware and software synthesizers. Most of the kicks you hear are my own creation as well for instance.

TR8s is very different. Not my cup of tea :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the moment and in this set I use each digitakt separately in combination with the DN. So each digitakt contains a groove and I combine, mix, and mangle them live.

I’m now working towards a combination of the above, and a next level use of my liveset. Still working that out. Might do a video series on the whole process of getting to this setup and how I use it. I get this question a lot.

Thanks everyone for the very kind words. Really appreciate it!

@s3kn0tr0n1c would SoundCloud work for you?

4 Likes

Sc works when Ive got internet connection:).

However most my music listening gets done whilst driving so a mp3 would be most prefered.

Great performance.

1 Like

Thanks @DonovanDwyer!

S3kno I’ve made the liveset on soundcloud downloadable for today :slight_smile:

1 Like

bangin, sir.

1 Like

Thanks Nirun!