Cyclone TT-606

I wasn’t thinking about ext sequencers, more like pad controllers and extra buttons etc, assuming any MIDI CC control exists. OTOH microtiming and polymetry with individual swings per track by using an OT to seq it wouldn’t be totally out of the question :diddly:

EDIT: Since it has kit memories, I am hopeful that some form of CC control might also be onboard.

Ah, yes. A midi controller for mutes would be ideal. I’ll report back once near the manual again.

One more Q regarding the TT606 if I may. On the original 606, hihats and cymbals were gainstaged to be super loud compared to all the other sounds. Are the hh/cymbal gainstages more balanced on the TT606?

Having mutes makes this way less painful, but i always felt this was a very peculiar design choice on the original box.

Yeah, the gain staging is very normal. I really like how the hats can distort on the OG though to be honest.

I guess that can be nice, but handling hh/cymbal mute duties with just the knobs during a liveshow with a PA is not sometthing I look forward to again if I can help it lol

One flick of the wrist too far and you blow up everyones ears with those cymbals… :evil:

12 posts were split to a new topic: More bickering

I’ve grown fond of the TT-606’s peculiar appearance now. I like how it separates those who care more about looking at their gear from those who care more about using it.

There’s a gate/mute for each instrument. I guess you’d maybe need a controller that has a hold function. I actually never use midi controllers, so I don’t know much about setting them up.

2 Likes

Man, this thing has so many features I haven’t even touched yet. Every time I browse through the manual, I’m like “wtf, no way; really?” Then I shake my head in disbelief, smiling, thinking to myself “this thing is way freaking cool.”

2 Likes

That’s good.
It still looks shit to me

I ain’t gonna lie; it ain’t the Mona Lisa. But damn it’s so fun to play with.

3 Likes

Wow, great to see the “nuance” LFO shapes and depths are all CC# controllable.
I think I could spare a few MD MIDI LFOs to randomly adjust the nuance LFO shapes and depths over time to keep the sounds evolving and interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah, for real. I was suprised by a lot of stuff I saw. Look at this; it transmits and recognizes aftertouch & pitch bend. I’m trying to figure what uses aftertouch.

1 Like

Might as well include this one too I guess.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Cyclone TT-78 (CR-78 clone and more)

With such a good MIDI implementation, this is the 606 box to get in 2016 IMO. Dayum

Hmm, i still prefer to have all parameters instantly accessible on the TR8-606.

TT-606 only does one per instrument, afaik.

Between the original, simplistic TR606 and the tweakable TR8, I have all needs covered.

1 Like

It’s great we have options, and can find what we want according to our needs.

2 Likes

TT-606 OH and CY each have two paramaters.
And all instruments have available LFO modulation of their respective parameters.

1 Like

Crucial for me is independent control of tune and decay on the BD… Ofc, if you don’t need those params, you’re fine.

1 Like