Cryptocurrency

Finally making money from music, isnt just a dreamšŸ¦Š

1 Like

Got 5 litecoins and a few other altsā€¦worth a wee gamble i recon.

Wish id listened to my mate few yrs backā€¦be retired by nowā€¦

I havenā€™t messed with any cryptos but I got a nice surprise the other day when I decided to sell my graphics card and saw that prices had skyrocketed. Iā€™ll make a nice profit of $300 from the new price I paid last year, thanks to the miners :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bet investing in AMD few yrs ago paid off.

I wonder how long it will be before we are buying and selling gear on the forum with crypto? :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I got a chuckle out of this.

5 Likes

Modern day equivalent of a pirates treasure hoard lurking in a tip near me:

LOLā€¦

My mates guttedā€¦he bought a pc with about 10 BTC he minedā€¦

At its peak that was 200,000ā€¦:rofl:

1 Like

nightmare.
thats worse than never investing at all i feel :smile:

when any altā€™s ive sold go up in value i keep wishing em back down again. as you do.

fomo

yupā€¦i like to remind him from time to time.

He also got one hacked/stolen back a few yrs ago from a exchange website. Another 20K downā€¦lol

Then again if Id listened to him at the time I could have easy have bought 10-20 so Im a bit of a looser too. :wink:

Hopefully my 5 LTC moon shot to make up for itā€¦ recon they could hit 1k-3k each one dayā€¦or go to zero .

Ouch

I feel compelled to ask you to have another think about this oneā€¦ which seems big headed like I know what Iā€™m talking about which of course I donā€™tā€¦ but my opinion of litecoin differs wildly from yours which is weird. If somebody asked me which of the top ten will disappear completely in the next 5 years I would probably go straight for litecoin. I just want you to be careful I guess sorry if it comes over as patronising or something. Good luck!

1 Like

All good manā€¦most of them were mined years agoā€¦why did I stopā€¦:tired_face:

Couldve mined few hundred back then but got bored.

Quite happy to just hold them for next year and see what happens. Not cost me much tbh.

Few places online recon they should be at 1/4 BTC which if that happened id be buying new toys. If not, no real loss to myself.

1 Like

Iā€™m more of a weedstocks kinda person

1 Like

Interestingly, this affected the price of BTC more than ETH. So far, the dip is minor; only 3.58% for BTC and 0.38% for ETH. They are still both at higher levels than they were at the beginning of this week.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that NEO has been edging ahead of ETH the last few days, but has leveled out a bit right now. As soon as some ETH appears in my wallet, Iā€™m gonna trade it for more NEO. Also, if ETH drops to $900, Iā€™m definitely buying more.

It doesnā€™t look good for Ripple though, and BTC/ETH are both trending upwards.

I just started reading up on how weā€™re required to handle taxes with regards to crypto transactions in the US, and it is terrible. Weā€™re supposed to keep track of every transaction including crypto to crypto trades on exchanges, and make sure we report all gains in USD that occur at the time of any transaction.

Iā€™m just going to hold what I got I guess, but I donā€™t want to deal with too much trading. I can only imagine how much it would suck to be a day trader of these, and having to keep track of all the wild fluctuations of thousands of trades.

Apparently if you donā€™t trade for over a year and just hold its taxed completely differently