Correct Tuning of Rytm

@ goatofneptune and William Wild, thanks for your effort and your help, very usefull.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Long time user of ARmk1 - love it used it extensively, know it very well. However tuning is my only major criticism.

Some of the analog voices/machines cannot hit every note, for example Kick machine ā€˜xā€™ can be tuned to a C or a D but canā€™t hit C# exactly (via a tuner) requiring an LFO to fine tune the pitch.

Now I appreciate not everyone tunes drums/minds. But for how I work; itā€™s key. So I appreciate if it doesnā€™t bother some people, but please treat that opinion/POV as a subject for a seperate topic as Iā€™m just looking for user experience from others that tune their drums to the song they are working in. :slight_smile::upside_down_face:

So has this been improved on the mk2s??

As I will update if so.

1 Like

Original kick machines couldnā€™t be tuned to follow a chromatic scale, but later kick machines could (Silky, plastic, and sharp).

As far as I can tell, itā€™s the same for both versions of Rytm.

If weā€™re talking about tuning drums that are playing a fixed note, then you can reach intermediate frequencies with clever use of sweep time and depthā€¦

A trick I use to tune the kick right is to add a looping waveform sample tuned in C, set the note to my taste, then reach the tone with the synthesis engine.

2 Likes